Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

britain

I actually thought they meant attraction refreshes LIKE the new Space Mountain will be what they will be focusing on for the next decade, rather than adding new attractions.

Meaning, they are starting to run out of space, and so they are going to improve existing attractions rather than do nothing.

BasiltheBatLord

And one last thing worth mentioning... In their last shareholder release, when they announced the new Space Mountain, they also informed shareholders that their focus will be on smaller attraction overlays and refreshes going forward, so even if replacing Splash isn't on the radar right now, it definitely fits with their business model going forward.
I’m actually not sure if that’s what the press release said, unless there was an English version that I missed. The Japanese release was vague enough to where they could have been talking about anything from minor limited time changes (like the “Splash Max” version of Splash Mountain debuting this summer) to wholesale overhauls of existing attractions.

That being said, the former would make sense as that is what we are seeing from OLC this year.

mickEblu

I still wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Toad got the axe... or at least got a new ending. I wouldn't put it past Chapek.

I doubt it. It’s too small to put anything worthwhile there and as far as the new ending its not the kind of thing Disney is concerned about. The “Indians” from Peter Pan are still there and that is the type of thing their concerned with.

On another note I’m pleased to say the Caterpillars hookah is back in the Alice in Wonderland ride.

socalifornian

Don’t newer Cal/OSHA laws pretty much prevent putting a new ride in the classics show buildings? Remember Darkbeer saying something about it. Take it re-theme at most, tho still unfortunate if it were to happen

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I don't understand the argument that this "was a long time coming".

There's an opportunity cost for everything. Spending millions on changing a formula that works, and taking a stupid risk with little return, doesn't make sense. Splash is popular, hard stop. This is money that can be used for revamping, refurbishing, heck even demolishing, the old peoplemover tracks. How about doing something about the multiple theater spaces that have lost their identity (tomorrowland theater, the spaces by monsters inc, and so on)? What exactly does the innoventions building even do anymore? Can Autopia get some TLC? The west side of Pixar Pier is a dump. I can go on.

It's been in operation for well over 30 years (or 60 if you ask Bob Chapek), and throughout all of the decades it has proved itself to be timeless and well-loved.

IMO, much like Mission breakout or Incredicoaster.. even soarin over california, it would've made so much more sense to spend a handful of dollars changing & enhancing smaller things here and there. Are we seeing any real investment return from re-theming attractions, or is this just some misguided crusade by the executives?

No Name

Disney has downgraded or straight up cancelled every single US parks project they’ve announced over the past 7 years, except Runaway Railway, so honestly who knows. Like even if Disney announces improvements for Tomorrowland (again), what’s the chance it’ll actually happen? Long-term this will really hurt the value of the D23 convention and announcements in general for them.

Centauri Space Station

Disney has downgraded or straight up cancelled every single US parks project they’ve announced over the past 7 years, except Runaway Railway, so honestly who knows. Like even if Disney announces improvements for Tomorrowland (again), what’s the chance it’ll actually happen? Long-term this will really hurt the value of the D23 convention and announcements in general for them.
They didn’t with Tron or Pandora

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I think the idea is that since Tokyo Disneyland is owned by OLC and the rides are identical in Florida and Tokyo, Disney would only technically be paying half for the Disney World refurb as the cost could be shared.
Apologies for the late reply, but yeah, that's pretty much it. From what I was told, the desicion to redo Space in Tokyo killed remaking Splash over there for good, which in turn severely hurt Orlando (They wanted to have MK's Splash cloned there, but Tokyo told them to bug off) to the point of most likely killing their redo. Then California, IF what I heard was correct, was killed off by other projects taking presidence (Toontown, Tarzan, Tommorowland...)

Last edited:

No Name

Try again? I was just saying not everything was downgraded. If an escalator becoming a ramp is a downgrade to you then ok…
Yes, it is a downgrade to me considering how nice the new escalators looked at the nearby Disney Springs, and it was done to cut costs. It’s not a huge deal but it was literally the one eye-catching element of the one piece of art they showed during the announcement. The point is, it’s hard to take what they announce at face value. I admit I was a bit rude, sorry, I was slightly annoyed you brought up something announced 11 years ago when I said 7!

Edit: Oh and the hanging sign too!

1652073459654.png

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Where’s the drive-in that was supposed to go in Cars Land?

Dear Prudence

I am happy to report that Splash is in amazing shape, and looks MUCH better than a LOT of other attractions right now. Twice our Haunted Mansion buggy audio was messed up in parts (and was Haunted Mansion Holiday), and a bunch of things weren't working. Was VERY impressed. Was nice to see so many people riding it, even for "cold" SoCal weather. In general DLR is hit or miss in quality, but Splash looked and sounded great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom