Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Too risky with the crumbling infrastructure and locked area. Nah, they can turn Frontierland into Arendale with Anna & Kristof's Sleigh Ride Adventure being the key attraction. Just retheme the trains, paint the mountain white, put an Elsa projection at the top of the 3rd lift hill, and we've got a magical brand new attraction to advertise with a princess meet and greet taking over the shooting gallery.

A disgusting thought

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Too risky with the crumbling infrastructure and locked area. Nah, they can turn Frontierland into Arendale with Anna & Kristof's Sleigh Ride Adventure being the key attraction. Just retheme the trains, paint the mountain white, put an Elsa projection at the top of the 3rd lift hill, and we've got a magical brand new attraction to advertise with a princess meet and greet taking over the shooting gallery.

Another brilliant idea. And it solves the whole “Princess Tiana is out of place in Frontierland problem” at MK. 😂

What Frontierland? Just hang a left at the end of Mickey Avenue and Arendelle awaits. Just look for Kristoff and Sven’s cabin at the entrance.

Roger_the_pianist

I will say it doesn't seem like the best idea to turn thrill rides into Princess attractions. Even for Splash, kids will want to see Tiana but not be prepared for a plunge over the mountain. I'm thinking we'll get more of Louis and critters in the attraction and more meet and greet outside the mountain with Tiana, especially if she gets a restaurant.

Frozen in the Matterhorn would make more sense with the snow monster dude (whatever he is) and Arendale at the foot of the mountain (I'm looking at you, Subs lagoon and Autopia)

Lest we forget:

Matterhorn was a vague IP (Third Man on the Mountain)

Frontierland was basically Davy Crockettland

Jungle Cruise was basically *ride the movies* with The African Queen

Fantasyland was originally a mostly off the shelf carnival with carousel, themed spinners, and tricked out dark rides.

SplashGhost

Even though Splash has a low height requirement, it is is no way a ride that would appeal to the core Princess demo that they are going for with this retheme. I maybe wrong, but I don't think the portion of the general guests that like thrill rides is going to get that excited for a princess themed thrill ride. The best way to use the princess characters in thrill rides would be in villain themed rides.

One can make the argument that guests also weren't excited for a Song of the South thrill ride. The difference is that even though Splash Mountain takes elements of Song of the South, it isn't marketed as Song of the South The Ride, and it wasn't presented in a way that made it seem like it was intended for very young children.

SuddenStorm

I will say it doesn't seem like the best idea to turn thrill rides into Princess attractions. Even for Splash, kids will want to see Tiana but not be prepared for a plunge over the mountain. I'm thinking we'll get more of Louis and critters in the attraction and more meet and greet outside the mountain with Tiana, especially if she gets a restaurant.

Frozen in the Matterhorn would make more sense with the snow monster dude (whatever he is) and Arendale at the foot of the mountain (I'm looking at you, Subs lagoon and Autopia)

Lest we forget:

Matterhorn was a vague IP (Third Man on the Mountain)

Frontierland was basically Davy Crockettland

Jungle Cruise was basically *ride the movies* with The African Queen

Fantasyland was originally a mostly off the shelf carnival with carousel, themed spinners, and tricked out dark rides.

This is one of the most uninformed descriptions of early Disneyland I've ever read...

October82

So is DL’s Splash going out with a bang or a whimper? Do you think they’d do anything to commemorate it at all?

Disney usually does something to cash in on attractions that are about to be removed. I'd be very surprised if they leave money on the table. Expect exclusive merchandise and an up-charge event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom