Splash Drop vs Everest Drop

tunaman68

I'm a huge coaster fan, but my mother and mother in law are NOT. They both rode EE and LOVED it.

For them, as well as my 9 year old son, the worst part (being afraid of heights) was the asscent to the top. You really are a long way up and can see out across all of WDW (neat for some - not so good for others).

Once the ride starts going fast, it doesn't seem to be as intense as the other drops mentioned on this post (backward and dark not withstanding), but do be aware of the first climb - IT'S REALLY HIGH!!

Have fun!

Captain NoBeard

I certainly can't do roller coasters or many thrill rides. And what I often hear, as stated here previously, is that fear or nerves is a main factor. For me (and others I would assume) this is not the case. I can't explain what causes it, but extended time on a thrill ride causes serious motion sickness. I'm not scared or bothered, but develop a wierd sensation, followed by a rise in body heat, then headache, and slight dizzyness which build to a critical point and then :hurl: .
So, I evaluate each new ride I haven't been on to determine if I could do it or not. My best advise is for everyone to make the decision themselves. Only they can know if they can or can't do it. And sometimes, discretion is the better part of valour.

No comparison. Everest's drop is angled so that you barely feel anything but g-forces. Splash Mountain's drop gradually gets steeper and steeper as you go. Do some research before you post topics like this, watch videos, there are plenty on Youtube.

hokielutz

The everest drop... is not as bad as the Splash drop...

The biggest reason is you can see the drop and know you are about to hit it before it happens. The Splash drop appears longer than Everest.... or at least that is how it appears to me.

Everest it not as bad. EE has a gradual main drop where the track goes to a steeper track decline halfway through the drop before it curves out at the bottom. The scariest part of the ride is the backwards trip through darkness of the mountain's interior.

Also comparing the ride to Big Thunder is not correct. Big Thunder was made to be a rough jittery ride compared to EE.

But again... the choice remains squarely with your spouse.

WhyMama

I have the same problems with my wife when it comes to the better rides. I found a GREAT WAY to get her adjusted to riding scary rides. I started her out at Busch Gardens and I filled her up with ALOT of the FREE BEER at Busch Gardens. I also gave her some painkillers until she was pretty well out of it! Well I actually got her to ride MANY of the rollercoasters at BG. I then took her to WDW and reduced the amount of medication. I actually got her on Rockin Roller Coaster and only told her how fast it is AFTER she went on it. Well we are at the point where she goes on EVERY RIDE at WDW. I plan on bringing her to Universal next year to master all the coasters there!
BOTTOM LINE: The miracle of modern medicine and "just a little beer" allowed her to overcome her IRRATIONAL FEAR of some of the greatest rides in the world!!

DRUGING YOUR WIFE, Now thats just wrong, I would never go that far. course I was the one who didnt want to ride SheiKra at first and it took me 6 months to get on it, then we went one afternoon and there was no line what so every so we get to the station and the cars just sitting there and my girlfriend goes get on, So I got on in the back and straped in and then had the ride ops laugh at me cus they could tell I wasnt looking forward to it, then ZOOM away we go and the lift hill is steep up and then we get to the top and look around and then stop, SLAM into seat back and we are over and im screaming again again again and we drop over the second drop and pull back into the station and they are all laughing at me and going congrats you survived it, I got a headache from it all but well worth it and no im not such a wuss about coasters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom