Spirit of Aloha Show

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Original Poster
My wife batted her pretty eyes at me and finally got me to make an ADR at Spirit of Aloha Show at the the Polynesian. My question is getting there. Once I get to the Polynesian, is it well marked from the Grand Losge? If anyone wants to share their experiences at the show feel free to chime in as well. We are going to give it a try regardless but knowing what to expect quality and experience wise won't hurt.

Lucky

Unless you arrive very late you'll see a crowd for it in the downstairs lobby getting photos taken. So just stay with the crowd and go with them. Otherwise you might want to ask for directions. There are some signs, but I wouldn't exactly call it well marked.

Lucky

Parts of the show are very good, and parts of it are very bad. Alcohol is included, which can help get you through the bad parts. It's worth doing once, in any case.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My wife batted her pretty eyes at me and finally got me to make an ADR at Spirit of Aloha Show at the the Polynesian. My question is getting there. Once I get to the Polynesian, is it well marked from the Grand Losge? If anyone wants to share their experiences at the show feel free to chime in as well. We are going to give it a try regardless but knowing what to expect quality and experience wise won't hurt.
When you get to the grand lodge, go to the bottom level, walk outside and turn left. You'll pass by the marina on your right. Keep going. You'll pass by two buildings on your left and one on your right. Keep going the length of the two buildings on your left. Towards the end of the second building, the sidewalk will make a sharp turn to the right into some trees. Follow it. That will lead you to Luau Cove.

Eventually you'll see a sign for the show. Depending on when you show up, you may also see a line outside.

The food was pretty good. It no longer accepts dining plan credits (I don't think)...

The show was campy in plot, but overall pretty decent. My family and I enjoyed it.

The fire twirler is awesome!

Another neat thing to do (if your dinner time works out for this) is to watch the MK fireworks / Water Parade from the beach right next to the cove after your meal.

DisneyMatt1

It is a bit cheesy show. The fire twirler is too late in the meal, but is real good. But in general the show is too long if you are bringing kids(even though they do the normal direct children involvement by calling them all up to the stage). If it's just husband/wife, then you can make it through the show until the twirler. If it's kids, I greatly prefer the Hoop-dee-doo for the 2 dining tickets.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It is a bit cheesy show. The fire twirler is too late in the meal, but is real good. But in general the show is too long if you are bringing kids(even though they do the normal direct children involvement by calling them all up to the stage). If it's just husband/wife, then you can make it through the show until the twirler. If it's kids, I greatly prefer the Hoop-dee-doo for the 2 dining tickets.
I will add...if you are NOT using dining credits to pay for the meal, it's worth spending a bit more to get the center section front seating.

The DP people are just sortof tossed around as needed, so you may not get the best seat (we didn't...second tier second row of tables...it was hard to see sometimes)...

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks or the guidance/ tips. We were able to use DDP for the show in category II seating. This is one if our resort / shopping days so we might try the fireworks/ water pageant viewing.

zurgandfriend

Some people wear Hawaiian shirts. :)

I got a great one at the Bou-Tiki with Mickeys on it. I have to agree it's not the greatest show a little too long but my DS liked the hula girls.

s&k'smom

It's a very cheesy show but we really enjoyed it. Food was good, service excellent and the show had it's great moments. Not so great too but honestly would do it again. Enjoy!

dolce20

I wonder if they will ever refresh the show (especially the non-fire twirling non-hula dancing part). I love anything classic Poly but I think they need an update.

bethymouse

We enjoyed it. The food was OK. The 1st part of the show we could have done without. The 2nd half is more like a real Hawaiian Luau. The fire dancer is so cute!:joyfull:

My eldest DD (age 13 at the time) and I went in 2010 and really enjoyed it. There are signs but I asked a cast member how to get there and it was fairly easy to find. I would do it again if our schedule ever permitted but there is so much that we haven't done yet (despite 5 trips...3 in the past 4 year) that we haven't had a chance to fit it in our plans again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom