Spirit of Aloha run time

Hi everyone,

Me and my girlfriend are attending the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Polynesian resort at 20:15 on 4/21/16. I was wondering if someone could let me know how long we can expect the show to go on for? The reason I ask is that I plan to propose to my girlfriend on the Polynesian beach as the Wishes fireworks are going on. I'm wondering if we will be finished with dinner and have time to get to the beach to see the 10:00 display? If not I may have to rethink my plan of action.

Also, my girlfriend isn't really one for enjoying a lot of attention. Is there a quiet bit of the beach during the fireworks display or is it all fairly crowded?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

JasonDeyoung

I've had that same idea for proposing to my gf so nicely done! If you go down towards the bungalows area and where the old look out point was its usually a little less crowded. Must ppl gather right at the beach by the pool area for wishes. If you can maybe a day or two early go and do some reminiscence of the areas or maybe take her for a walk prior to the dinner and check out some spots just in case it is to busy. As for length of show, it is long so the 90 mins is prob pretty accurate if not close

Upvote 0

Nathanael Bareham

Original Poster
I've had that same idea for proposing to my gf so nicely done! If you go down towards the bungalows area and where the old look out point was its usually a little less crowded. Must ppl gather right at the beach by the pool area for wishes. If you can maybe a day or two early go and do some reminiscence of the areas or maybe take her for a walk prior to the dinner and check out some spots just in case it is to busy. As for length of show, it is long so the 90 mins is prob pretty accurate if not close

Thanks Jason that's great help. Great minds think alike hey! I'll take your advise and check out the area before the fireworks. That will be helpful especially as its our first trip to WDW.
Could you offer any advice on when is the best time to ask the question? Would it be as the fireworks are going or as they finish? I've never seen them before so I don't really know what to expect.

I have also read that the dinner show is about 90mins but I've also read somewhere else that it is over 2 hours long which might make getting the beach a bit tight!?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

Thanks Jason that's great help. Great minds think alike hey! I'll take your advise and check out the area before the fireworks. That will be helpful especially as its our first trip to WDW.
Could you offer any advice on when is the best time to ask the question? Would it be as the fireworks are going or as they finish? I've never seen them before so I don't really know what to expect.

I have also read that the dinner show is about 90mins but I've also read somewhere else that it is over 2 hours long which might make getting the beach a bit tight!?

Thanks again!
YouTube wishes so you get a good idea of what the show is like and you find a good time. Personally I think just before the grand finale is a good time it slows down is a little quieter then goes into the finale. Luckily the dinner pavilion is right by the pool and beach area. So I would have location A and B picked out just in case of timing from dinner show

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom