Spirit Airline / Atlantic City Airport ???

Cinderella1976

I was just wondering if anyone has used Spirit Air and if so, how was your experience with the airline. We usually fly out of Philadelphia and take US Air but all of our experiences with US Air have not been good. Atlantic City is only about 40 min. from us and I've heard Spirit Air has cheaper fares. Any thoughts?

monorailguy01

I never flown with Spirit, only Continental out of Newark, and I am going in March and a flight down to Orlando Airport is only 198.00 Round trip and thats super cheap for a good carrier. As far as Spirit goes I would do some research on it and see what people say, because I highty dought people on here would know lol........ I know i am no help to you but I just felt like typing on the boards and all the other ones I messaged in...

If your going in dec. of this year im sure you can get a good carrier for a very very cheap price since its at the end of the year... I would shop around see what deals you could get..
I hope you find what your looking for

Have a great trip :wave:

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
Yes, you did get really good airfare. Besides looking for a good price I would really like to try a different airline because we have had too many problems with US Air in the past. But thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

Fire1831

Spirit Airlines/ A C Airport great choice

I have used Spirit several times and have had no problems. As for the airport it is small so there is alot less congestion and confusion that the larger airports in Philly and Newark.

Upvote 0

Mr.MouseFan

Hey there!

I live in South Jersey too. I've used Spirit quite a few times and have enjoyed every one of them. Not too long ago they replaced all of their planes with new ones. They're comfortable and clean. Like a previous poster said, the airport is very small so there's no congestion and getting through security is relatively a breeze.

Spirit definitely offers some great fares. For example, certain dates in February they had a sale last week with one way tickets to Orlando for $0.01 and the return flight at $99.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

USE IT!! We live about 35 mins away. We landed yesterday from Disney. Atlantic City airport is so incredibly tiny and there is absolutely never any traffic. The fares can hit rock bottom (we have enjoyed 1 cent flights before). Never a problem with them. No traffic, no lines. We usually arrive about an hour before our flight.

Then on the way home from Orlando, when all the other counters have excessive lines, at Spirits counter we have never been given a wait.

The above stories apply during the busy travel season over Christmas Break too. We just used Spirit to Disney on 1/10 and 1/14. We rave about the airline/airport. It's just great.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have used Spirit before and enjoyed them they were fine!!!! I havent flown out of AC but my Uncle does frequently and he has no complaints and prefers the smaller airport to Newark!!!! Have a great trip!! Belle

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

I was just wondering if anyone has used Spirit Air and if so, how was your experience with the airline. We usually fly out of Philadelphia and take US Air but all of our experiences with US Air have not been good. Atlantic City is only about 40 min. from us and I've heard Spirit Air has cheaper fares. Any thoughts?

If not Spirit, try Air Tran or Southwest. I gave up un US Air years ago.

Upvote 0

Kristia

I have used Spirit Air out of AC and love them. They have a nice early flight which leaves at 7 am. We were in Orlando by 9:30 and in the parks by 11 am after checking in at the hotel. You practically have the whole day on your arrival to enjoy the parks. We went in May. They plane was nearly full, but it was comfortable. There were no long lines to get through security. Parking is also much cheaper than at Philly. I think it is $5 a day (at least it was last year) for a maximum of $25. If you stay longer than 5 days it is still $25.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I like flying Spirit out of ACY. Not only is Spirit great (new fleet!), but ACY is great, too. It has only 6 gates! So no huge crowds, no long walks. The parking is quite cheap, and is close to the terminal -- no need for shuttle buses!

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
Thanks so much guys for all of the great info. I will keep looking into Spirit and hopefully I will find good fare. I really like the idea of AC being a small airport and not really crazy and the parking seems really reasonable too. When we parked our SUV last time it was $170 for the week @ PHL airport. I noticed on their website that they offer great prices and specials for during the week, but we are leaving and returning on Saturday should I change my travel days?

Upvote 0

wishiwere@wdw

We had no problems with Spirit either. However, I did want to point out that while parking is cheap, it can fill up during peak seasons. We've had to park on a field twice now and one of those times it had just snowed a inch or two. This didn't make for much fun trying to carry 2 kids, strollers and luggage by ourselves through the mud. Hopefully the planned expansion on parking is now complete to prevent this from happening so frequently.

Otherwise, great service, nice planes, easy in and out and fewer delays :)

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

Hey - I'm in South Jersey, too! Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get the special 1 cent rate? Should I just keep checking?

Thanks in advance!!

BTW - to OP - I liked Southwest a lot when we flew last year, but Airtran was horrible (a three hour delay while sitting on the tarmac). Like many other posters, I gave up on US Air years ago!

Upvote 0

TowerOfTerror

Hey - I'm in South Jersey, too! Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get the special 1 cent rate? Should I just keep checking?

Last week they had the $.01 cent fare down to Orlando. This week they are running $.32 cents for the following dates (5/8, 5/9, 9/11, 9/12.) Its usually best to sign up for their email to find out the current promotions since they periodically change two times a week.

As for Spirit flying out of Atlantic City I usually had good luck with them there was only one delay out of the numerous times I have used them. Since Atlantic City’s airport is such a small airport there is never a wait for takeoff on the runway compared to Philadelphia or Newark. Also the security screening line is always less than 10 minutes plus there is never a long wait for the baggage to arrive at the baggage claim carousel.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
I just wanted to say "hi" :wave: to all of my South Jersey neighbors. I never noticed any on the boards before until now. Thanks for the advice. I think we will be using Spirit for our trip.

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

Thank you so much, Tower! I did look on Spirit's website after seeing this thread and signed up for their notifications. I probably won't get that special of a deal though - we are leaving on Friday, Oct 19th and leaving on a Sunday. Hey, you never know, though!

PS - I want to say hi to all my neighbors, too. If any of you are going to be in WDW when I am, let me know and maybe we can look for each other!

Upvote 0

yazmin182

I def. agree with everyone about Spirit, I always use them from Detroit and it's great, non-stop to Orlando! Don't forget to sign up for their credit card so you can save up on their points. I almost have a free flight soon!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I just wanted to say "hi" :wave: to all of my South Jersey neighbors. I never noticed any on the boards before until now. Thanks for the advice. I think we will be using Spirit for our trip.

Don't just think about it, you SHOULD use Spirit from ACY if you're in the area. Dealing with Philly or N. Jersey and NYC is a jumbled annoying mess compared to the convenience of ACY. The parking lot has lots of lights too, and as said before, is so close (it's like parking at a Shop Rite). And there is a WaWa right around the corner!

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
Don't just think about it, you SHOULD use Spirit from ACY if you're in the area. Dealing with Philly or N. Jersey and NYC is a jumbled annoying mess compared to the convenience of ACY. The parking lot has lots of lights too, and as said before, is so close (it's like parking at a Shop Rite). And there is a WaWa right around the corner!

Okay, I WILL use them!!!:lol: It would be stupid of me not too after reading all of your reviews.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom