Spiderman (2): Far From Home

NateD1226

Well, today is December 18th.... and no trailer.

Honestly, I really don’t mind if they wait to release this trailer for a few weeks. Let people keep focus on Into the Spider-verse for a little while longer.
Yeah. Its kinda sad that we probably won't get a trailer before the end of the year but I'm ok with that.

NateD1226

That was such a fun an amazing trailer! I can’t wait flr the movie. I thought Jake’s acting was just a tiny bit dry, but it’s just the trailer so I’m not too worried.

Princess Leia

I wasn’t expecting to see Sandman and Hydro-Man (not sure who the fire character was).

Also, I think we can all agree that Mysterio will be an actual villain in this, and not teaming up with Peter, right?

erasure fan1

I wasn’t expecting to see Sandman and Hydro-Man (not sure who the fire character was).

Also, I think we can all agree that Mysterio will be an actual villain in this, and not teaming up with Peter, right?
I think they might be elementals, there are 4, earth, water, flame and wind. And yes, I think at the end Mysterio will be the villain. If they play it smart, he will be revealed as the true enemy at the end and he lives to be the villain in another movie. We need more villains that last multiple movies like Loki.

Tick Tock

Okay, admit it. After watching the trailer, you tried to say: "Peter Parker here to pick-up a passport please" as fast as Tom Holland did.
I tried it. I know you all tried it. Don't lie. We know it to be true.

Princess Leia

Thought of the day- after seeing Peter as an actual adult (in 2 variations, plus Spider-Man Noir) in Into the Spider-verse, I really hope Marvel and Sony just keep Tom Holland on as Spider-Man for the next 10 years. We really don’t need to see him in high school anymore. Outside of Spider-verse, have we ever even seen him she out of college? My memory of Spider-Man 3 is a little hazy, but I’d like to see Tom Holland’s Peter working at the dang Daily Bugle, marrying MJ, be an actual adult.

If the other two series weren’t cancelled, we may have gotten a glimpse of this, but I’d like Marvel and Sony to commit here.

Tick Tock

Outside of Spider-verse, have we ever even seen him she out of college? My memory of Spider-Man 3 is a little hazy, but I’d like to see Tom Holland’s Peter working at the dang Daily Bugle, marrying MJ, be an actual adult.
Yeah in SM3, if I remember correctly, Peter was out of college and working full-time at the Daily Bugle, competing with Eddie Brock to be top photographer, etc.

He was also *trying* to work on tying the knot with MJ (his attempts at popping the question at a fancy restaurant, and all the comedic miscommunication with the head waiter, was probably the only good / entertaining thing to come out of that train wreck of a movie.)

The rest was pretty much... :banghead:
tmg001.jpg

Tick Tock

In related news, it's officially been announced that Venom 2 is in the works, which means one of Spidey's most popular, fan-favorite villains, Carnage, will finally make it to the big screen.
https://www.hiptoro.com/venom-2-release-carnage/

The question is, will Sony and MCU ever work out a deal where Spiderman and Carnage do battle against one another? It's been wanted by fans since the first SM movie was released back in 2002, but has never managed to happen after all these years. Hopefully something can work out between the studios, and this showdown can come to life.

erasure fan1

Thought of the day- after seeing Peter as an actual adult (in 2 variations, plus Spider-Man Noir) in Into the Spider-verse, I really hope Marvel and Sony just keep Tom Holland on as Spider-Man for the next 10 years. We really don’t need to see him in high school anymore. Outside of Spider-verse, have we ever even seen him she out of college? My memory of Spider-Man 3 is a little hazy, but I’d like to see Tom Holland’s Peter working at the dang Daily Bugle, marrying MJ, be an actual adult.

If the other two series weren’t cancelled, we may have gotten a glimpse of this, but I’d like Marvel and Sony to commit here.
I hope we see enough of Spider-Man to get to that point but I'm not sure we will. Kevin Feige said he wanted young high school Peter so I think he'll be that for at least a trilogy. Unfortunately I bet they shift to Miles after 3 solo movies. Sure Peter will make appearances in the avengers and probably some others. But they really don't give the heros more than 3 stand alone movies. I dont mind Miles but I love Holland as spidey and Peter Parker will always be my favorite spidey.

WhatJaneSays

Can’t they just wait until after Endgame?

Like, is this something they really need to promote right now, one month before Endgame brings Peter back from the dead?
At the end of the day Marvel (Disney) had no say in how this one gets promoted. It's kind of a bummer, but even production companies and directors of movies themselves don't have input on the marketing. The marking team of a movie is always going to prioritize their needs over anything else.

My old boss used to joke that if revealing Darth Vader was Luke's father would have increased sales by $1 they would have put it in the trailer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom