Spending $$$$$$$

jozzmenia

I agree with amypooh. We went as a family of 4 when I was a kid too and occasionally have kids with us when we go now. We save lots by not eating in the parks too much, depending on how much u want to save. we would usually eat the hotel breakfast, maybe mcdonald's of of the days, etc. for lunch we would either eat in the park, or leave around noon (if it was too hot and come back later in the evening after a few hours in the hotel pool) and eat lunch somewhere else. then dinner after park closed (pizza, buffet etc.) saves a lot that way. splurge on park meals a few times, but u don't have to have all of them there.same with snacks. bring your own to save on the higher prices. u can easily get by on less than $100 a day with everything if you want to.

DisneyMarg

Our econo-plan:
1) Breakfast in the room (cereal, Poptarts, etc) $0
2) Snack we brought in around 10 or 11 $0
3) Late lunch at a sit down restaurant in the park. Lunch is cheaper than dinner but you still get the great food and experience. This will cost approx $15 per person. Even better is to eat at somewhere like Tusker House where you can get a "real" meal as a counter service. There is will be around $10 per person. If you want to really splurge, choose one of the buffets - Garden Grill is $21 per person for all you can eat.
4) Late afternoon snack in the park - Dole Whip, Mickey Bar, etc. This is less than $5 per person
5) Dinner offsite - either at a restaurant outside, which will be the same price or less than what you pay at home to eat out - or cheese and crackers in the room.

So going economy, it can be done for $50-$75 a day and not feel deprived.

Another hint... buy some of the Crystal Light singles to flavor the water when you refill your bottles. It will make it taste more palatable. Did that last week and were very happy with the results.

If you can get your guys to drink water, instead of ordering a beverage, you'll save $10 per meal (except at buffets where drinks are included).

I don't advocate sharing drinks among all the family - not drinking out of the same cup at least. Nothing is more miseerable than coming home with EVERYONE sick.

And, skip dessert after meals. Snacks in the park are cheaper and, in my opinion, better.

Also avoid the "container" charges - blinky light cups, cups that look like Mickey Mouse, etc. If you want a souvenir, buy one, but a fancy cup may not be the best choice.

gboiler1

We usually plan for $100 a day, but we are purchased the Dining Plan, so in reality, we won't spend anywhere near $100 a day. IMHO if you are staying on site, DO THE DINING PLAN! It's no hassle and affords you not to pinch pennies when eating. You can do the fun places like Sci Fi or character meals w/o telling the kids they can only get so and so because it doesn't cost so much. You can also afford an expensive steak at LeCellier w/o breaking your budget.

Nemo14

SewIn2Disney said:
So that would be why I can't find anymore filters!!! Grrrrr:mad:
That's how I found out that they no longer make them. I was looking for new filters and couldn't find them anywhere.

PamelaNiebergal

One way to save money is to eat counter service. It saves time and is much cheaper. If you do your research you can usually find decent meals beyond the burgers and hotdogs at most of the parks for supper (such as half-chicken dinner at Cosmic Ray's). DH and I never spend more than $50/day (that's $25/person). Quite often we spend less and we never go hungry. I prefer to blow all my money on souvenirs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom