spending monies?

MIchaelzero21

Hey all!
I'm relatively new to this forum so let me take a moment to say hi!

In less than a month (dec 17th to be exact) ill be going to Disney World with my girlfriends family and girlfriend. my ticket cost has been covered. I have the standard meal plan paid for as well. I'm attempting to try to get an idea for how much extra money i should attempt to take with me knowing that my food costs are covered. I have planned to take 1120 for me and her to share for 5 days in the park (1 park a day, last day being a park hop day) is this enough? should i take more? from what i understand this money at this point is basically for souvenirs and any extra snacks i get.

dreamfinder

Depends on your needs. If your ticket/hotel/transportation/food is covered, then yes, it's really just souvenirs/snacks. You can estimate souvenir costs by look at the ShopDisney website, or the WDW app shop parks section.

What exactly do you mean by standard meal plan? There is quick, regular and deluxe. Only deluxe includes 3 meals, the other 2 plans just include 2 meals and snacks. So you may want to take that into account, unless they have said they will cover all food.

That works out to $100 per person per day, which should more than cover normal souvenir purchases.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If you have the standard DDP, you're already getting 2 snacks per person, per day. Use one for breakfast (or pack a box of Pop Tarts) and one for an afternoon pick-me-up, and all you'll need extra money for is souvenirs, and/or food items (e.g., appetizers, meals in excess of your DDP credits) that the DDP doesn't include. For my family of 4, $300-$400 (for the whole family, not per person) is more than enough spending money for the whole week -- it will cover a couple of hats or tee-shirts for the kids and some Goofy taffy, etc., and some extra snacks/beverages. YMMV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It should be more than enough ... but Disney merchandise is everywhere, tempting you to take it home. Snacks of all manner of deliciousness are everywhere tempting you to taste. Being a new guest you may find yourself buying more than you intend. Take your time and dont impulse buy. Be selective and watch your spending and you will do OK. We budget amounts just for snacking and amounts for souvenirs so its separate. We spend some each day on snacks but then do most of our purchasing of souvenirs at the end of our trip after weve decided exactly what we want or whats more important to bring home. Theres a huge range in the cost of WDW items. As long as your a wise shopper you will do fine. Youll also find out more about what your GF's spending habits are like to clue you in on the possible future Mrs. ;)

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

You can buy $10 pins at Disney, and you can buy $500 crystal figurines. So, it is very personal how much money one can spend at Disney. One shopping trick I have learned is to not leave an item if you really think you want it, and do not plan on going back to that park/or location. Check before you buy to confirm this perk still works, but I found you can return any items purchased on property, to another store, even in your hotel store, as long as you do not remove tags and have your receipts. (This may not apply to some privately owned businesses, for example at Disney Springs).
Not all items can be found on the shop Disney parks app, and you will be very frustrated if you don't buy it and then can't get back to that location.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom