Spending Money...?

MissEnchanted92

Original Poster
Hey all! Going to DLP on 30th January with my best friend. Going from Monday through to Friday, so have 3 full days in the parks. We have the half board meal plan, and as we're not big eaters anyway, a big breakfast and dinner is plenty for us. With this in mind, we are wondering how much money we should take with us?! I was thinking about $200 each, but really not sure as don't know how expensive anything is there?

Any advice would be great!

Den Carter

Hey,

That's really a length of a piece of string kinda question, but if you're used to visiting the parks in the US you'll find merchandise, drinks and snack pricing pretty on-par.

I'd also say it depends which version of the Half Board meal plan you're on. The standard HB is comparable with WDW's quick service dining plan, whereas the HB Plus is comparable with WDW's table service plan and is far superior. Quick service dining at DLP is, on the whole, pretty meh - and with small-ish portion sizes (while the table service meals are really very good). So, even if you're not big eaters you might still need to budget for snacking. There are loads of options for this: in the parks, in the Disney Village, down the road at Val d'Europe, or bring your own.

Hope this kind of helps!

Mad Stitch

I was just at DLP and used my credit card nearly everywhere. The only problem I ran into was at a few snack cart locations that only took cash. Just call your credit card bank and notify them of your international travel so the transaction does not get blocked. You may pay a currency conversion fee with each transaction, but I thought it was worth it for the convenience and I didn't need to worry about loosing a lot of cash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom