Spell Check?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It depends no what browser you are using. Google Chrome has one built into it that works for any text you type in the browser. If I am not mistaken, you can download one for IE and Firefox (I have not used either in quite some time). Just Google your browser name and spell check and you should be able to fined something or just switch to Google Chrome. It will take a day or two to get use to it but once you do, you will never look back.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There is no spell checker. The best bet if you need this is to use a web browser that has one built in. Eg. Safari, which is free for either Windows or Mac, includes a spell check which underlines errors as you type, and makes suggestions.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is no spell checker. The best bet if you need this is to use a web browser that has one built in. Eg. Safari, which is free for either Windows or Mac, includes a spell check which underlines errors as you type, and makes suggestions.
Do you know if IE9/10 or the latest version of Firefox have them built in like Chrome and Safari?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Do you know if IE9/10 or the latest version of Firefox have them built in like Chrome and Safari?
I have used Firefox for several years now and every version I have used has had a spell checker built in. It is located in the options screen>advanced>browsing>check my spelling as I type check box

Too bad they have yet to invent the grammar checker.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Thank you!

I cant upgrade IE due to the fact that Windows encounters an error when trying to download a update pack. Big surprise. :rolleyes: I am still on IE 7. I do have Firefox and the auto spell works. I just never used it to look at this site. As for Google Chrome, I sent them a nasty but tasteful comment when I deleted Chrome. It came in a bundle with other software. It assumed that I wanted it to be my default. So when it asked why I was deleting Chrome I let them understand my point. So I cannot go crawling back.

unkadug

Thank you!

I cant upgrade IE due to the fact that Windows encounters an error when trying to download a update pack. Big surprise. :rolleyes: I am still on IE 7. I do have Firefox and the auto spell works. I just never used it to look at this site. As for Google Chrome, I sent them a nasty but tasteful comment when I deleted Chrome. It came in a bundle with other software. It assumed that I wanted it to be my default. So when it asked why I was deleting Chrome I let them understand my point. So I cannot go crawling back.
They would certainly never know if you downloaded chrome again...nor would they care.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What software did Chrome come bundled with? I have been using Chrome since 1.0, have installed it on dozens of machines, and have never seen bundled software that I could not opt out of with a single click.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
What software did Chrome come bundled with? I have been using Chrome since 1.0, have installed it on dozens of machines, and have never seen bundled software that I could not opt out of with a single click.

I can' t remember it was a while ago but it was probably some freeware stuff. I never gave it a try and was in mood of slash and burn when it was installed. I basically told them that is easy to make yourself #1 when you are the default.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thank you!

I would strongly recommend not using IE7. It has numerous security holes that are venerable to all kinds of web attacks leading to virus, malware, spyware etc. It is critical to be on an up-to-date browser. So if that means abandoning IE because you cant update it, it is time to do so.

unkadug

I would strongly recommend not using IE7. It has numerous security holes that are venerable to all kinds of web attacks leading to virus, malware, spyware etc. It is critical to be on an up-to-date browser. So if that means abandoning IE because you cant update it, it is time to do so.
Yeah, I haven't used IE on a regular basis in several years. (Also because of updating issues)

BTW: I just retried Chrome and it does indeed have a spell check .

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster

Maybe so, that sounds like a good idea. I run multiple programs to help prevent that, pay and freeware.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Maybe so, that sounds like a good idea. I run multiple programs to help prevent that, pay and freeware.
The other big issue of using an old browser is that you are not seeing sites in the way they are intended. There are features on this site, and many others, that either do not work 100%, or do not look as they should on old browsers. And in web terms, IE7 is ancient.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
The other big issue of using an old browser is that you are not seeing sites in the way they are intended. There are features on this site, and many others, that either do not work 100%, or do not look as they should on old browsers. And in web terms, IE7 is ancient.

Ha, so is my hardware!

unkadug

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea,
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight for it two say,
Weather eye and wring oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long,
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should bee proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaw's are knot aloud.

Eye have run this poem threw it
Your sure reel glad two no,
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom