Speculation on Extension of Free dining?

AndyMc

Original Poster
We are in a bit of dilemma at this point with dining reservations being a bit hard to come by for this September; so, I'm thinking that I might not book at this point. We've never been to Disney World for Christmas, and I would love to see the Christmas decorations and everything.

I know that last year they extended free dining into December.

Any speculation (or rumors) on whether they might do this again for 2010?

Thanks,
Andy

fauzha7

Free dining in December

On May 10, I received a pin for free dining good for Oct 3, 2010 thru Dec 23, 2010 (with the blackout dates of Thanksgiving week). Of course, I got this one week after I booked a trip for Sept 18-26. We did the Christmas trip last Dec 7. It was worth the wait. We did the MVMCP but would not do it again...too crowded for me, but I'm glad I did it once.

Flip83

I recieved a Pin also in May for the same dates. Me and the lady are taking the family to show them the holiday entertainment. Its amazing! Last year we went too after I got a Pin by a flyer sent to me in the mail. Wait till late July. Last year they extended it through December and made it public by around the last week of July. So keep checking.

Also... The MVMCP is worth every dollar. It is beautiful, and the special shows are amazing. The parade and Fireworks are just awesome, and the snow on Main St gets us emotional everytime.

rlm919

we are currently booked at wl for dec. 4-11 on a bounceback offer from last year's trip. would free dining be a better deal?

dclick4968

Last year they released free dining on July 27th for the general public....it included through Dec. Actually....released abt the same time the past two years.

AndyMc

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, everybody.

Any idea on whether such pin codes can be accessed by a travel agent if I go to book my trip with them, or is it an invitation only thing?

Thanks,
Andy

bugsbunny

we are currently booked at wl for dec. 4-11 on a bounceback offer from last year's trip. would free dining be a better deal?

I go around the same time every year and was finally able to use a PIN for my December trip. I booked it in the Spring, not on a bounce back. Then in the summertime, it was announced that there was free dining during December. I've been going the 1st week in December since long before there was even a DDP and that has NEVER been free dining during that week. After it was announced, I simply called and had it added to my existing reservation. I would imagine if they announce it again this year, you can do the same.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is no cut and dry answer as it will depend on your current discount rate and your party size and makeup. Two adults on free dining will net about an $80 per day discount, 2 adults and 2 kids over 10 will net $160 per day. A 40% room discount on a $300 room nets about $120 per day discount. The bottom line is you have to run the numbers to be sure which is better.

Thanks for the replies, everybody.

Any idea on whether such pin codes can be accessed by a travel agent if I go to book my trip with them, or is it an invitation only thing?

Thanks,
Andy
If you or a person in your traveling party has received a PIN code a travel agent can use that PIN code to book your rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom