Spectromagic vs. Main Street Electrical Parade?

Main Street Electrical Parade or Spectromagic as your favorite?

• Main Street Electrical Parade

Votes: 97 48.0%
  • Spectromagic

Votes: 105 52.0%

• Total voters

EpcotMark

Original Poster
Do you prefer Spectromagic or the Main Street Electrical Parade? Is it time to bring MSEP back and send Spectro to DCA or should there be a new parade all together? MSEP lasted at least 15 years at WDW and Spectromagic has gone on for about that amount of time as well.

clarkstallings

I'm partial to the MSEP, but I think we need a new night parade in general. From time to time, it will be nice to bring the MSEP out of mothballs though.

justducky78

I know my husband would love to see MSEP back at WDW, but I've never seen it and I would hate to see Spectromagic go as it's my favorite! I love the music and lights -- it's make me tear up every time! :cry: :lol:

Although - I'ver heard the music for MSEP and it sounds pretty cool.

doop

I've never seen MSEP, so Spectro was the obvious choice, and I love Spectromagic, so MSEP must be great as well.

Horizons1

Hard to choose here but I gotta with the nostalgia of the MSEP. I have fond memories of watching it. And ya gotta love the Baroque Hoedown...

*dum ditty dum dum*

lpet11984

I gotta go with Spectromagic-- I loved MSEP, but for some reason I connect more with Spectromagic. That, and once you hear the hoedown you can never get it out of your head...at least I can get a decent night's sleep after Spectromagic. ;)

disney9752

LADIES & GENTLEMEN, BOYS & GIRLS, THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE.... i was lucky enough to catch the farewell performance at wdw in 2001, the last night's 2 shows were incredible & the parade route was packed. if only we could get back those small world floats wdw originally had & not just the dl version. i've seen video of tdl's dreamlights, a spruced up version of msep & it is great, same basic music, but brought up to date, even new characters on new floats.:lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
LADIES & GENTLEMEN, BOYS & GIRLS, THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE.... i was lucky enough to catch the farewell performance at wdw in 2001, the last night's 2 shows were incredible & the parade route was packed.
I was performing in it that night :)

In fact, I was in it most of that week. I remember on closing night, we were really short staffed, so the zoo crew from MGM and Epcot came over from their shifts to help us out in sending a full parade.

ThumperDude

I loved MSEP but Spectro blew me away. I almost passed out when, like a wave comming down the route, all the colored lights turned to white lights. Awesome!! Then they turned back to color. Looking forward to seeing it again this summer. And always the 2nd show after the little kiddy go home.
BTW-I've heard different things about the old MSEP floats. One was that they dismantled them. Another was they are now floating them around the lagoon at night. Even another was they used some of them on different Disney tour shows. Personally, I hope they're in storage waiting for the day they can return for us. So whats the real story?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom