Spectromagic Tips

jtwdw

Anyone got any good tips for a place to watch the Spectromagic parade and still get out of the park easily before the crowds leave?

We will be arriving at WDW on May 31 for 4 nights at POR. This will be my 7 year old daughters first trip. I want her to be able to see Spectromagic and the fireworks, but we also need to leave ASAP afterwards, since the next day is an Early Entry Day for the Magic Kingdom.

I know the crowd is smaller in Frontierland or Libery Square for the Parade, but don't know of a qucik way to get out of the park. Any suggestions?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
stand in the FRONT, right next to parade step-off, in front of the Main Street Barber Shop

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Just realize that in staying on Main Street, you also sacrifice time before the parade starts, as you have to line up much earlier--so, it's a trade off. I would make a judgement based on the crowds you see that day, since it is still the off-season. I, personally, don't like lining up for the parade an hour early, and aren't the fireworks after Spectro anyway? See SpectroMagic in Liberty Square or Frontierland, then stroll over to Main Street toward the train station, and stand up there to catch the fireworks--then you will be footsteps from the gates as Fantasy in the Sky concludes.

Upvote 0

jtwdw

Original Poster
Thanks for the input from everyone.

I just noticed on the Disney website that the have extended the hours on Monday (June 2) and will also be having Spectromagic and the fireworks that night as well. That may be a better option now, since we will be leaving home around 5:00 AM on Saturday morning and don't want to get worn out our first day.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I saw it on a night where there were two parades. We waited at the entrance to Liberty square it was pretty clear the kids got a great view and there was none of he usual jossling from the adults.

Upvote 0

emilymad

We sat on the second level train platform at the end of Main Street. (I forget the name, sorry). We got there early enough to be up against the railing. There were even a few chairs up there. It is also covered in case of bad weather. The other plus is that you are looking directly at Cinderalla's Castle so you have a good few of the fireworks as well. We didn't have any trouble leaving the park either. Just go down the stairs and under the train station.

Upvote 0

Dana49

Here is a great viewing spot: coming from the central hub, cross the bridge into Liberty Square. Just over the bridge on your right is Sleepy Hollow (counter food). Grab a spot directly across the street. There's usually a woman there selling painted umbrellas. The advantage of this spot is that there’s a wall behind you that prevents anyone from squeezing in. Plus, you have a great view of the castle at night. Enjoy! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom