Spectromagic Rehab

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
SpectroMagic Float Refurbishment
04/29/2004

Bay Lake, FL (Main Street Headlines) -- From May 3, 2004 through May 16, 2004, the Alligator/Hippo and Bacchus floats will not be seen in SpectroMagic. During this time, there will be routine maintenance done to the costumes and floats, as well as prep work for a future refurbishment project. Both floats are scheduled to return to the parade on Tuesday, May 18, 2004.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by mkt
as well as prep work for a future refurbishment project.

Well now you've gone and piqued my interest. Any more info about this "future project?"

Thanks for the heads-up!

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
none... but when I hear anything, i'll post it

kanepresten

Originally posted by joeyjoe92979
This may be part of the reason there was an unusual amount of techs walking the route Sunday night.

Actually, those ppl walking the route were not techs, they are called spotters. they were added tot eh parade several months back as safety procedure for the larger trailer type floats. usually between 2 to three spotters per trailer float, and some mixed in tot he units. there function is to make sure nothing and no one get in between the trailer hitches of the floats. u should see them from now on.... this has nothing to do with any plans to update or modify the parade, it is merely a safety precaution. They are not monitoring float behavior, but are sort of a specific sort of audience control with contact to the float driver....
KP

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
kinda like the old DMM spotters..

BwanaBob

Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
I still want MSEP back.

DITTO!

Out with the Spectro-freaks with those exorcist-looking glowing heads!

In with the good ole' train coming down Main Street and the 'lead/intro' music!

MagicalMonorail

I like Spectromagic. I hope it's not closed for that big rehab when I'm there. It is an awesome parade, and the best at WDW IMO. But the Spectromen are a little scary. Oh well. Mickey makes up for it.

Sir Hiss527

Thanks for news Rob-I absolutley love Spectro, it's a magical and awesome parade..The SpectroMan are the coolest things since sliced bread..there not scary.

kanepresten

Originally posted by mkt
kinda like the old DMM spotters..

kinda like that... the spotters dress in the tech outfits though, cuz they are MOSTLY black and they become less obvious and garish to the guests. A spotter in DMM sort of had a role that they were to get involved wiht the guests, get them excited, etc. The SPM and DCT spotters sole role is to keep an eye on the floats and guest safety. THey are not supposed to be jamming along to the parade, they are traiend to basically stare straight at the spots they are spotting... no distractions...

KP

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
eh... the DMM spotters were essentially character greeters on a parade route.. the SPM spotters are like a walking PAC unit essentially.

Makes sense to me

cherrynegra

Originally posted by Sgt Tibs
Last time i saw the Elliott float, "Pete" was a girl. That was wierd... :lookaroun

:lol: That reminds me of when someone posted a pic of Tinkerbell at DL and it looked like a guy....not a boy...a guy. That too was weird.

ToTBellHop

The last time I saw Disney's Electrical Parade, Pete was played by a girl, as well. It only added to my dislike for this parade...

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
you find a guy that short with a high pitched voice willing to work for next to nothing an hour....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom