Spectromagic in June

Tom

Beta Return
We're going June 6-12, for the 3rd year in a row (2nd full week in June) and I've been checking daily for the hours and show schedules. I'm glad they finally came out.

I noticed that Spectromagic is only running on Tuesday night that week, so I guess we (and the other 40,000 guests) will have to see it that night.

I've read all the guidebooks, websites and other suggestions as far as best parade viewing places, but I'd like to know what real people think. We sat outside the Main Street Train Station on the curb for over an hour last year to make sure we got a spot - and the view was GREAT with a quick escape after the parade.

Post your favorite viewing spots, "secret" tips, and ideas for waiting the least and/or getting the best view!

Thanks!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by edwardtc
Post your favorite viewing spots, "secret" tips, and ideas for waiting the least and/or getting the best view!Thanks!
With limited running of Spectro I would choose my spot for watching and get there early, making sure that my schedule allows for this and that nothing is left to chance.
My favourite spots are either Main Street near the station OR at the other end in the hub watching the parade come towards me. Last visit I was fortunate enough to be with a wheelchair user and we got into the wheelchair access area.

Upvote 0

Tigger64

If you go to the calendar on the official website and then click on the date in the calendar it will pull up the events for each day. It took me a while to find it too.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

Originally posted by edwardtc
I've read all the guidebooks, websites and other suggestions as far as best parade viewing places, but I'd like to know what real people think. We sat outside the Main Street Train Station on the curb for over an hour last year to make sure we got a spot - and the view was GREAT with a quick escape after the parade.

Post your favorite viewing spots, "secret" tips, and ideas for waiting the least and/or getting the best view!

Thanks! [/B]

My favorite spot to sit for Spectro is on the curb in the hub, directly across from the castle. People watching and watching the castle change colors makes the time go by pretty fast. I'll be the first to admit that sitting on a curb for over an hour is pretty uncomfortable, but when the parade goes by with the castle looming in the background, it makes for a pretty magical sight. Although this will not make for a quick exit, we usually like to linger around the park while the crowds thin out anyway, so it works pretty good for us. Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
MKT - thanks for the Parade dates. Like I said, we'll be there June 6-12, but only in the parks 7,8,10,11 so the 8th is our only option.

Sounds like people really like the curbs, haha! We chose the curb at the train staion because of the quick getaway. We always dread getting in line late for the Riverside bus. How long after the parade can you linger? It closes at 10 that night, with Wishes at 10. We'll watch wishes another night so I guess we can sneak out anytime after the parade.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Like Edwardtc, I was glad to finally get some times to go with our dates. We will be staking our claim on MainStreet USA early. Hey Edwardtc, maybe we will bump into you there. If you see some crazy lady trying to keep track of 11 other people, feel free to say hello, that will be me.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Originally posted by Dwarful
Like Edwardtc, I was glad to finally get some times to go with our dates. We will be staking our claim on MainStreet USA early. Hey Edwardtc, maybe we will bump into you there. If you see some crazy lady trying to keep track of 11 other people, feel free to say hello, that will be me.

HAHA, sure, we will. I'll be there with my brother who's 4 years younger (20) and looks just like me. June 6-12 for us. We'll be in front of the Train Station Tuesday night the 8th!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom