Spectators for Marathon

lukacseven

All runners get a RunDisney snack box,powerade/water bottles, and bananas (as far as I know) once they finish and walk through the finisher area where they get their medals.
The last I recall, the snack box at the finish line had a bag or tortilla chips, cheese dip cup, fruit gummies, cookies, some kind of granola-ish bar/clif bar and I squeezable yogurt. At one time, they also had cans of Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite at the finish line. They did away with the soda for a year or 2 but so many people complained (including myself) they did bring it back in recent years.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
The last I recall, the snack box at the finish line had a bag or tortilla chips, cheese dip cup, fruit gummies, cookies, some kind of granola-ish bar/clif bar and I squeezable yogurt. At one time, they also had cans of Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite at the finish line. They did away with the soda for a year or 2 but so many people complained (including myself) they did bring it back in recent years.
Here’s what they had in the box for Wine and Dine 2021 (plus the banana and Powerade and water; I didn’t see any free sodas):

BB2F9919-D321-4602-BCAA-D59868557A8A.jpeg

dreamfinder

Do they give the runners any food after the race? I saw on the map there is a food area but I am assuming that is for purchase before, during, and after the race. Trying to plan ahead.
As several people mentioned, a snack box. And they have usually had at least one, sometimes multiple food trucks. The ESPN branded one comes to mind. However, if you need certain food to refuel post race, definitely bring it with you and leave it in your bag. Ditto goes for on course refueling, especially is Honey Stingers aren't your jam. The snack box is really just that, snacks.

lukacseven

As several people mentioned, a snack box. And they have usually had at least one, sometimes multiple food trucks. The ESPN branded one comes to mind. However, if you need certain food to refuel post race, definitely bring it with you and leave it in your bag. Ditto goes for on course refueling, especially is Honey Stingers aren't your jam. The snack box is really just that, snacks.
In the past they were specific about on-course food offerings in the official race guide/program: Dasani Water, Powerade, bananas, Clif products. They had Clif Shots a few years and then Shot Bloks (which melted all over the roads). I think 2 years Sport Beans were the course fuel. Back before WWoS was part of the course, a lot of spectators had makeshift candy/fueling stops along the Osceola Parkway switchback. They also had the chocolate stop (mini Hershey's bars) inside DHS behind RRC and later on Perimeter Road.

Texas84

I was surprised to see the switch to Stingers at W&D. That's what I use. And they always ran out of chocolate during marathon. Plenty of bananas though.

lukacseven

I was surprised to see the switch to Stingers at W&D. That's what I use. And they always ran out of chocolate during marathon. Plenty of bananas though.
My last time running was 2018 - it's interesting to hear about the things that changed since then. It's also been fun for the 12 years leading up to to see different things each year. 1-2 years they had orange slices with the bananas as you made the turn onto Bear Island Road. I also remember one year they had the Powerbar branded gels, because the stretch from AK to DHS there were the shiny gold packages reflecting the sun all over the road.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Not difficult at all. The course goes right past the main entrance in front of the tower. I'm sure some spectators will gather there similar to the MK resort area.

My wife's next concern is whether she will be able to see be at MM 22 and then get to the finish line. I expect those last 2 miles will be extra slow for me, meaning that it will be atleast 70 minutes for me to get from 22 to 26.2

Should she be concerned that she won't make it to the finish line?

lukacseven

My wife's next concern is whether she will be able to see be at MM 22 and then get to the finish line. I expect those last 2 miles will be extra slow for me, meaning that it will be atleast 70 minutes for me to get from 22 to 26.2

Should she be concerned that she won't make it to the finish line?
That could be a possible concern depending on the route the Epcot park bus takes from your resort. Keep in mind there are road closures and "normal" traffic along the roads that are open is much heavier. I know in past years I had family wait at MK and then try to make it to AK to see me and did not make in time and that is about 6 miles (but also a lot longer). It's worth a try, but I would definitely not recommend trying Uber/Lyft. Stick to the official park transportation as the park busses are given priority and have access to lanes other transportation does not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom