Special Item on Disney Trip

orangewarrior

I'm really not 100% sure how to describe what I'm asking for, but let me do my best. I have a daughter who is seven, and we've visited Disney as a family the last three years.

During each of those trips, we've tried to do one extra special thing, that we wouldn't normally experience on each trip. The first year it was in the month of October so we did the Not So Scary Halloween Party, the second year we did the Bar-B-Q at Wilderness, and last year she attended Alice's tea Party at the Grand Floridian.

This year we plan on visiting Disney in early December. So my question is two-fold - actually three-fold.

1) If we chose the Very Merry Christmas Party as our extra special thing, would it be extremely different then the Halloween party? And would it be extremely different then what we will experience spending a whole week in the Parks, re: decorations, theming, parades etc.

2) We are planning on attending a Candlelight Processional at Epcot. But we are concerned that this might not be an extra special thing for our seven-year old. Those who have attended, your thoughts?

3) Finally, if we decide against either of the above, what recommendations as an extra special thing to do on our trip might all of you recommend for a seven-year old.

DiPSU224

I thought MVMCP was a whole special thing in itself. There was something special about seeing the Christmas parade with the toy soldiers and the snow on Main Street. Plus, the fireworks were amazing as well. It's the only time of year to experience it!
As far as the Candlelight Processional, I'm not sure how much a 7 year old might appreciate what a beautiful show it is. I don't know your daughter, but I remember most kids being a little rammy during the show. Is she a mature 7? If so, she might enjoy hearing the carols.
This year we are trying a Wishes fireworks cruise for something different and special. I'm pretty sure they run year round. There a few different cruises you can choose from. You can book it through WDW recreation 1-407-WDW-PLAY.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I'd definitely do the MVMCP - it's not like the Halloween party at all, in my opinion, and she's the perfect age to enjoy it. It's truly special! (The Candlelight Processional is lovely, but might not appeal to her as much.)

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Upvote 0

bigang

christmas at wdw is the best, just the sight of all the decorations is worth the trip , plus early dec crowds are small. mvmcp is great as well, i can 't see anyr eason why your 7 year old would not love it

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MVMCP would be perfect for your special thing. It is similar to MNSSHP in respects that there is a special version of Wishes and a parade but that is about it. The CP is more like a show than a real special event. I would highly recommend getting the dinning package for the CP this year. The dinning package will guarantee your seating for the CP. In the past the standby line for CP was bearable but last year it stretched almost to Norway and that was during the first 2 weeks of December which is considered the slow season.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I'd do the Mickeys Christmas. But if your daughter has experience with sit down shows, church etc., she will probably enjoy the CP as well. We went in '04 and our youngest was 4 and fell asleep, Our oldest was 7 1/2 and she enjoyed it as much as we did. No moans and groans about what she could be doing, just appreciating being at WDW during the holidays and enjoying all that we hadn't before.

Upvote 0

relloron

Just so you know, you may not have topay extra money. We went the night after MVMCP ended and got to expierience everything, not paying any extra. :animwink: You get the snow, the parades, the shows, the Country Bear Special, and a few other things. The only thing that I thik you don't get is the gingerbread and hot chocolate. We were plesently surprised since the party was sold out. ^^

Upvote 0

kbusch

I am also going to WDW in early Dec. :sohappy: and am going with a couple of friends for an extended girls weekend. We are also planning on attending the MVMCP & the CP. It will be the first time for all of us for both of these events as well as being down there during the Holiday season. From what I have heard, it's a pretty neat experience being there that time of the year. Any advice or opinions on what else are "must see's" during the Christmas season there?

Upvote 0

col

i have not been to MVMCP but i intend to go next year!

on my last trip i went on a carriage ride throught fort.wilderness at night on christmas eve -its perfect. you sit in the carriage while the man directs the horse from the carriage and go past the petting zoo/farm, past all the cabins and motor homes and tents which all have decorations and lights outside and over them. people wave at you and wish you a very happy christmas and new year. while i was waiting country mickey,minnie and goofy came out and signed autographs and you should of seen the lines for the hoop-de-doo-revue. also while i was waiting i sat on the rocking chairs and it was very relaxing i thought i was going to fall asleep (i arrived the day before). sitting in the back of the carriage was really relaxing as if you dont have a care in the world.

the candlelight processional was awesome cant wait to do that again -john stamos was ace!!! it maynot be something for a child as you have to wait in line for a while and it would feel for a child as if its never going to finnish but if you could leave your child with babysitting or something and go i promise you you would enjoy yourself and be glad that you went.

cant think of anything else but what about anothere character meal - you could think about cinderellas breakfast in the castle. dont forget to see the osborne family lights spectacle that will take your breath away. visit all the 4 parks and see there decorations -the AK tree has wood carved animal faces on it.

go to www.allearsnet.com they have loads of great ideas. good luck:wave:

Upvote 0

MouseCrazy

I have a 6 year old and I was looking for something extra special to do with her and I found this:
In Downtown Disney there's a shop called "Bibbity-Bobbity Do". They will give your daughter a princess make-over .. hair and nails .. and even a costume (if you want to go all out). Complete with a tiara. It looks fun!

Upvote 0

col

when i was there on my last trip the princess shop was getting built, inside the world of disney shop (not sure thats the name) the fences where up with what it was going to look like -a whole section full of princess stuff!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom