Special ideas for the Holidays

too far

This is my first post, though I have been lurking on this site for some time. I have learned so much from reading the threads!

So, my DH, DD (7), DS(5) and myself are heading to Disney 12/7 through 12/11 and staying at WL. I am interested in opinions about any favorite places to view Holiday lights, i.e. in the parks, resorts, DT, restaurants. Anything that might make this trip special for the Holidays.

Any ideas are greatly welcomed. Thanks!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Tour all the resorts [you can easily spend a day or two just doing that]. Osbourne lights are a must-see and all the parks are decked out for the Holidays.

You'll have a great time!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Welcome!!

What a great time to be going! Every park, resort and DTD are all decked out for the season. Eat at different resorts and you will see how each tree in their lobby mimics their resort theme.

Definately check out Osbourne lights at DHS. It's a quick walk through but if you really take your time through it you can see all the amazing little details and hidden Mickeys.

Have hot choc on Main Street while wearing your Mickey Santa or Goofy Santa ears.

Go to the Christmas Shoppe in DTD and get an ornament with your familys name and year on it.

Oh, depending on your budget, you can always ask the hotel to put a small tree in your room.

It's so magical.:xmas:

Upvote 0

fizzle75

First of all, you will be staying at the absolute best resort to be at during the holidays. I realize your trip is short but try to set aside some time to wander around WL to take in the gorgeous sights and sounds...you're gonna love it.

One of the best things at WDW during the holidays just doesn't get the attention it deserves, Holidays Around The World at World Showcase is absolutely fantastic. It'll take you an entire day to take in all of the Holiday Festivities at World Showcase but It's well worth it. Spend the day wandering around World Showcase, making sure to catch the World Showcase Players in the UK and the Tree Lighting Ceremony, then head over to the Candlelight Processional, I HIGHLY recommend booking a CP Dinner Package. After CP be sure to catch Illuminations with the Holiday tag and then allow time to leisurely stroll back toward the front of the park so you can take in the Lights Of Winter. I guarantee you that you will have an amazing time.

The Holidays at WDW are the absolute best time to go, especially if you're a Christmas nut like me. There are tons of other things to take in during the Holidays and I'm sure they will be covered by others here. I realize you have a shorter trip but my best advice would be to slow down and take in all of the amazing Holiday themed shows and street performers. Also, be absolutely sure to catch the new Castle lighting Ceremony and get tickets for MVMCP.

Have a great trip, welcome to the boards!:wave:

Upvote 0

fizzle75

Just a few more things...

Try to head over to the Grand Floridian and wander around taking in the sights and sounds, ESPECIALLY the ginger bread house in the lobby.

On your Animal Kingdom day be sure to catch Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade(we were in the lead car with Rafiki last year:sohappy:) and spend some time in Camp Minnie Mickey checking out the character themed Christmas trees, it's fun to guess which character each tree represents. They usually have a really good acapella group singing Christmas Carols in Camp Minnie Mickey too.

My wife and I absolutely love the Voices of Liberty at the American Pavillion and we especially love to hear them sing Christmas carols. We are always moved to tears. While you're there be sure to check out the ginger bread house in the Liberty Inn.

Head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at Boma and check out the gorgeous African themed decorations.

Boardwalk Resort is pretty awesome during the holidays as well. If you go there, be sure to check out the edible carrousel in the lobby.

The Hollywood Hollyday Parade at DHS...if they still do it this year.

We love The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, we could spend hours just walking around the Streets of America watching the lights and listening to the Christmas music, and we usually do. There's just something so magical about being in the midst of all of those lights and being surrounded by the music, especially when they begin to blow snow. It'll give you goose bumps...or goose pimples depending on where you're from.

Upvote 0

lscott933

well i haven't take my daughter at this time since she was five. the one thing she really like is the different santa's story time in epcot. she loves to hear the story and get her picture taken with the different santa's in the countries there. we also like to go on the sleigh ride at wildness lodge.
just walking around the different hotel looking at the christmas trees. she also like to find the chacter is there holiday outfits.
we go to the christmas party for the storys they tell there too during the party. have fun.

Upvote 0

too far

Original Poster
Thank you so much for all of the great ideas. I certainly welcome any more!

We intend on taking it easy and just enjoying the sights and sounds of the Holidays at Disney. I am getting so excited just reading all the great things to do. Thanks again!!!

Upvote 0

fizzle75

Thank you so much for all of the great ideas. I certainly welcome any more!

We intend on taking it easy and just enjoying the sights and sounds of the Holidays at Disney. I am getting so excited just reading all the great things to do. Thanks again!!!

Glad we could help, I hope you have an amazing time!:wave:

Upvote 0

pacochran

This year will be our fourth year down at the World during the Holiday season.

I agree with the others, the first year we went down we took one day and toured the resorts. The Grand Floridian is a definite one to hit. The Beach Club has a neat display. To me those are the top two.

The Osborne lights are great also and I would suggest being there when they put on the lights which is about dusk. It is just spetacular with the lights, music and snow coming down.

Have a great time.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

My husband and I stayed at the WL about the same time last year and it was simply amazing. We also visited the other resorts to check out their Holiday displays. You can smell the gingerbread when you walk into the lobby! :)

Main Street looked beautiful of course and being there just added to the spirit of the season. Oh, speaking of that....the music at the WL will DEFINITELY get you in the spirit! Illuminations with the holiday tag is a must-see. Also the Lights of Winter and watching the Fountain of Nations is something nice at the end of the night.

For hustle and bustle, World of Disney's got it. As will the Days of Christmas store. But take time (if you've got it) to browse the shops, not just at DTD but especially on Main Street. The window displays are so pretty!

We had a wonderful time and I"m sure you will too! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom