Special Birthday Treatment

hammysammy59

Original Poster
The trip my friend and girlfriend are planning is slated for the week of 10/10... my girlfriend's birthday. I did a quick search of the forums, but the only relevant stuff I could find was only about birthday pins, but I was wondering, what kind of special treatment (if any) can she expect beyond the pins? What fun/embarrassing stuff is done to guests with birthdays in the parks and restaurants?

brianhorn

Don't discredit the magic of the Birthday pin. Both my son and I have the same birthday and when we visited last year, it was during our birthday. Lots of people wished us a happy b-day and we even met a mother and daughter who had the same b-day. By the end of the day my son asked if he could take the pin off, because he was embarrassed by all the attention.

We celebrated our birthday dinner at the Garden Grill at Epcot. When making our dinner reservation I had asked if any restaurant did anything special and told GG did. We received an autographed picture from chip and dale and his friends and received a complementary birthday cake.

You may want to check on the complementary cake, we had to call in advance because my son has a milk allergy and they had to order it special.

chrisandscott

we go every year in sept. and it is alwaysduring my daughter's birthday. we tell the front desk and every year, on her b/day when we return from the parks, there is a signed b/card for her from a princess and balloons. it is always great to see the look on her face when we return. we also do character breakfasts and they give her a special placemat that lets the staff know it's her b/day.

Mystic

My brother and his wife spent a few days at the World when they were in Orlando recently. She had called a few days in advance and gotten them dinner reservations at Tony's. She had told them it was my brother's birthday and they had decorated the table with Mickey confetti and streamers.

DisneyPirate85

If you plan on dining at the Coral Reef and call enough ahead they will sit you by the aquarium glass down front and a diver will come to your table with an sign wishing you Happy Birthday! We saw that in July when we were there. Pretty neat there were 15 divers in there at once and they all did silly stuff for the Birthday boy.:sohappy:

barbara

I was there on m y 50th birthday and tons of CM told me Happy Birthday, they sang Happy Birthday to me at the ice cream palace on Main Street, and Ohana's also sang Happy Birthday and gave me a cup cake with a candle. So you never know whats going to happen. Its a great place to spend your birthday, young or old.

Ham

I went to the California Grill for my birthday last year, it was all arranged last minute but they made a big deal about Tinkerbell scattering some fairy dust (Mickey glitter), gave me a birthday badge, took a photo of me and my finacee and gave it to us in a California Grill cardboard frame and also my dessert came with a little choc plaque saying Happy Birthday

dukehoopsfan

Actually, I'd say expect nothing, then everything will be a pleasant surprise.

I would completely agree with Nemo14 - our family was at WDW a week ago and was celebrating our son's 12 birthday (along with our daughter's high school graduation). We told our son to not expect anything special for his birthday but to enjoy celebrating his birthday while we were there as a family! He was pleasantly surprised with the happy birthday greetings he received from both guests and cms, the Dapper Dan's singing Happy Birthday to him on Main Street, and small things like our table at Tony's also being decorated with confetti and streamers (we told them ahead of time we were celebrating his birthday). I really think he appreciate the small things that happened by suprise versus knowing "something" would be happening to him everyday and being disappointed when/if nothing did happen.

Because our travel agent had notified our hotel the celebrations that we were celebrating while on vacation - he also received balloons and a signed picture from Pluto in our hotel room while our daughter received her own balloons and a signed picture from Mickey and Minnie. We had no idea our travel agent had done this so it was great to see their faces (and ours as well) when we came back from a long day at the parks!

brianhorn

Actually, I'd say expect nothing, then everything will be a pleasant surprise.

I would certainly agree with expect nothing, but only in so far as wearing your birthday pin. For a young child such as my 8 year old son, I would not leave it to chance. We made arrangements in advance to have a cake delivered to our table, I think they need at least a weeks notice. As I stated in my earlier post there are restaurants that cater more towards birthdays then others, Garden Grill for one.

stephdanielle

When my boyfriend and I went this past June/July we celebrated both his birthday and our 2 year anniversary there and just got the pins not expecting much. My boyfriend's birthdy was first and he wore the pin to the park, it was MGM that day, and pretty well every castmember was wishing him a happy birthday. Also, we went to get fastpasses for RnRC and the girl working said "do you want fastpasses?" so of course we said yes, that was what we were doing then she said "here you go, happy birthday!" and gave us fastpasses!! :) This also happened for another attraction but I don't remember what it was now, on the day we wore our anniversary pins. It was so neat, and so unexpected..made the days just a little bit more special! :sohappy:

Nemo14

I would certainly agree with expect nothing, but only in so far as wearing your birthday pin. For a young child such as my 8 year old son, I would not leave it to chance. We made arrangements in advance to have a cake delivered to our table, I think they need at least a weeks notice. As I stated in my earlier post there are restaurants that cater more towards birthdays then others, Garden Grill for one.
I totally agree. But the OP asked what to 'expect", not what to arrange.

whenever the characters are greeting guests, they have CM's there for corwd control and to move the characters when it's their time for a break .... they usually give a funny reason (one time at MGM, only Stitch was out because Lilo was on a "timeout") ... anyway, I would speak to that CM about helping you with your proposal ... also, you might try guest relations at any of the parks as they may be able to help you ... good luck and congratulations !!!!

Lauraldove29

just returned from a twele day trip this past monday. while we were there we celebrated my 31st birthday and my 13 wedding anniversary. 5 days prior to arrival i called thehotel front desk to make sure that they knew of my b-day and anniversary. I was told to call them at this time as they then have you in the hotel system. anyway let them know of all of the events coming up. when we arrived we did recieve the buttons that you spoke of as well as and upgrade from gared view to pool view(we stayed at the beach club) and we could not find a better view in the hotel anywhere. the room was constently in the shade so it was nice to sit on the balcony. I also recieved ballon clusters on three different ocassions from the hotel with autographed photos from the characters daily throughtout the trip.

when we ate at a character meal i was given an autographed birhtday card from all the characters at the meal. in the lobby i was serenated by the greeters and when my husban and i went out to dinner on three different occasions to celebrate our anniverary we were given personalized menu's from the resturarnts(yatchsman, narscossee's and artist point) and we also recieved complimentary bottels of champagne at each.

I can not stress enough to where the buttons. We arrived early at blizzard beach one day and were one of the first to get a locker and got one filled with cups, water proof card carriers, beach towels, as part of the dreams giveway. on another day pur group got the dream fast pass for the day at mgm.

all in all we had one of the best trips ever. cant wait to go back christmas next year!!!:sohappy:

Texas84

For pure embarrassment, go to Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge or 50's Prime Time at MGM. Oops, sorry, DHS.

nankeldisney821

I just got back last Friday and it was my daughters 16th birthday. We ate at the 50's Prime Time Cafe and they did somethings there to embarrass her and also gave her a cake and sang to her. Every restaurant we went to, they gave her a cupcake or cake and sang. Also, at the Whispering Canyon she had to get up with all the little kids and run around like she was riding a horse and it was really funny! That is a great place to get someone good for their birthday! :ROFLOL:

She also received balloons in the room the last day we were there with a card signed by Mickey & Minnie. There was also a message on our answering machine in our room from Mickey singing to her! It was great. I do reccommend wearing the buttons too!

Another thing you could do, like I did, was to call the Disney Florist or go to www.disneyflorist.com and order something that will be sent to the room or to the front desk. It is just another great added Disney bonus! :)

rcapolete

on a side note. what is the "edicite"(sp) on the birthday pin. We were suppost to go for my 31 birthday but dw couldn't get off. So were are going 2 weeks before but still a celebration of my birthday. I feel that it is too far away for me to make a deal over it but dw says no that it is within a close enough time frame. Would it be wrong to get the pin.

brianhorn

on a side note. what is the "edicite"(sp) on the birthday pin. We were suppost to go for my 31 birthday but dw couldn't get off. So were are going 2 weeks before but still a celebration of my birthday. I feel that it is too far away for me to make a deal over it but dw says no that it is within a close enough time frame. Would it be wrong to get the pin.

In my opinion, there is no wrong time to get a birthday pin. I really do not think Disney cares, if they did they would ask you for proof. Although some people may abuse it, I think most people are wearing the pin to celebrate a special day belated or not.

Go for it! and enjoy the day.

mousebymarriage

I think you should get the pin even if it's a week or two after you b-day! We are trying to plan a trip for the end of January with our family and a friends family, the one little girl will be celebrating her birthday the week before our vacation. She really wants to "celebrate" her birthday at Disney and eat at Chef Mickey's, so we are planning on making one day of our trip her unofficial birthday and we will get her the pin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom