Speaking of Memory Maker...

cw1982

Original Poster
Silly question: I know I've seen on other threads where people have said that the CM's who are taking pictures will usually take pictures on guest cameras as requested, but I wasn't sure if anyone has done this since the Disney picture packages had been rolled into Memory Maker. Can anyone speak to whether or not this is still true? DH and I had talked about Memory Maker before, and he hadn't seemed to care too much about it either way, and then all of a sudden a few minutes ago he just asked me if we had bought the Memory Maker for our trip that starts Sunday. :banghead: So, at this point, I either need to go ahead and buy it and save the fifty bucks off the onsite price and wait until Tuesday to start using it, or I need to plan to shell out fifty extra bucks to have it start on Sunday when we get there, or I need to be confident in the willingness of CM's to take our picture on my phone.

Thoughts?

Kate Alan

Yes, they should still be willing to take pictures with your own phone or camera. When I was there in February we had Memory Maker and members in my party still had their own cameras that they asked for photos with on occasion.

cw1982

Original Poster
Yes, they should still be willing to take pictures with your own phone or camera. When I was there in February we had Memory Maker and members in my party still had their own cameras that they asked for photos with on occasion.

Thanks! :) now maybe I'll quit coming up with "what - if's" and get some sleep!

cw1982

Original Poster
We debated with the Memory Maker package. I just don't know $150 just seems like an awful lot. CMs have always taken pictures for us in the past. I can just spend that $150 on Dole Whips :)

My thoughts exactly! I think I might feel differently once we have kids but for now it's just me and DH, so I would definitely rather have the money for other things as long as I can still get some decent pictures.

Mr Toad

My thoughts exactly! I think I might feel differently once we have kids but for now it's just me and DH, so I would definitely rather have the money for other things as long as I can still get some decent pictures.
We are bringing 4 of the 5 kids lol...ages are 16, 10, 2.5 and 15 months old. YIKES!

MOXOMUMD

We debated with the Memory Maker package. I just don't know $150 just seems like an awful lot. CMs have always taken pictures for us in the past. I can just spend that $150 on Dole Whips :)
So true. I can't talk myself into spending the money on something I may not look at again. Now my tummy would be happy with the Dole Whips.

Kate Alan

Agree. The only reason we used Memory Maker on our last trip was because it was a group of six adults over a nine day trip (2 had never traveled to WDW before, and 2 hadn't been in 10+ years),so we split the cost between everyone. For that particular instance, it worked out great (the sheer number of ride photos we have alone were worth the cost), but it isn't something I'd purchase regularly.

DVCPluto

For longer trips, you can definitely get your money's worth, especially if you want ride photos. I personally like having the magic shots as well.

Either way, I think you'll be happy. $150 spent elsewhere in WDW is easy to do!

cw1982

Original Poster
Update:

We're here now and have yet to have any CM refuse to take a picture with my phone, in case anyone else is wondering. In fact, several photographers have seen my phone in my hand and reached for it before I even ask. All have been very nice about it and some even took multiple candid shots.

I'll have plenty to share when I find time to start my trip report ;)

Daniel Benton

We decided to purchase Memory Maker this year because in previous years, we would have loads of photos on Photopass, but would reluctant to purchase any because of the $15 per photo download cost! - As long as we download more than 10 photos, in my eyes, the Memory Maker is well worth the money surely?

jpittore1

We would always purchase the photo pass because Disney world have Disney clip art to place on the pictures. I bought the memory maker hoping the clip art and images Erik be available to "Disney-fy" my photos

cw1982

Original Poster
We decided to purchase Memory Maker this year because in previous years, we would have loads of photos on Photopass, but would reluctant to purchase any because of the $15 per photo download cost! - As long as we download more than 10 photos, in my eyes, the Memory Maker is well worth the money surely?

Well, let me put it this way. I'm now on day six of my trip and for the first five days, the photos that the CM's have done on their cameras don't look that different from what they did on my phone. I may end up buying two or three pictures because they did a few extra poses on occasion that I liked but otherwise there's no need... and especially not $150 worth of pics different. But hey... this is yet another way that Disney has perfected the art of customizing how they get our money, right? I can promise you I've made up for that savings in other areas lol.

We would always purchase the photo pass because Disney world have Disney clip art to place on the pictures. I bought the memory maker hoping the clip art and images Erik be available to "Disney-fy" my photos

Yeah... I think when we have kids I'll do the memory maker for that and for the opportunity to not have to worry about the pictures being on my phone. It's just not as big of a deal since it's just me and dh.

BigTxEars

We did exactly 199 pics this past week on the Memory Maker which we purchased as part of our package. We got some really good ones so we are happy with it. The coolest thing was the ride photos automatically linking to our Magic Bands. Just ride the ride and the pictures magically appear for download, pretty cool tech :)

I down loaded all of all pics today, very simple process. I did not mess with all of the special features yet, too tired from our trip :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom