Spaceship Earth

PaulZ

Original Poster
Don’t expect to ride SE if you are going to Epcot today. I was on it, it had to be shut down. There is now water pouring out of bottom of it and fireman are here. The area around it is completely blocked off.

Reason given of course: “Technical Difficulty”

HMFan999

Sure hope Rome isn't burning...

Edit: Seriously though, that is very concerning. A fire would be all it takes to shutter it for good.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
interesting. I wonder if this is part of the drainage system that is supposed to take the water gathered from the top half of SSE and push it to the lagoon?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Today. Still dripping, nice puddle but open

AFF60B78-C4E5-4506-BD36-2D536EAFCBEA.jpeg

And show quality is the same as two days ago. Inside you wouldn’t know anything happened.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

View attachment 309200

And show quality is the same as two days ago. Inside you wouldn’t know anything happened.
Yep, I can confirm it is working as usual (although hardly any of the steam engine effects were working, as has been the case for what seems like 18 months).

I noticed during the week that cast members and Fast Pass entrance was very wet with constant water from above. They were operating it like that for 2 days.

KBLovedDisney

Now they just need to redo the structure with clear acrylic, take out the ride, fill it with more water and boom!

Giant Golf Ball now Giant Fish bowl.

ThatMouse

I wonder why the fire dept was there? If the fire system loses any water pressure the fire alarm automatically turns on, but no one has reported hearing an alarm.

KBLovedDisney

View attachment 309200

My hubby suggested it might have been a frozen coil for the the HVAC system that could have possibly burst, especially if the AC has been showing signs of not working properly (i.e. hot as hades while in the ride and so on...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom