Spaceship Earth

mike29

Original Poster
After the ride used to be a section with futuristic inventions on display for you to see or play with. Last time I saw it there was a wall up and that was last august. Are they ever going to bring it back or are they just getting rid of it? <| ; )

General Grizz

mike29 said:
After the ride used to be a section with futuristic inventions on display for you to see or play with. Last time I saw it there was a wall up and that was last august. Are they ever going to bring it back or are they just getting rid of it? <| ; )
The area was shut down because it was essentially a giant advertisment for AT&T, which no longer sponsors Spaceship Earth.

The entire attraction is most likely due for rehab within the next two years, during which time substantial changes are expected to be made to the post show.

MsSpinShady

General Grizz said:
The entire attraction is most likely due for rehab within the next two years, during which time substantial changes are expected to be made to the post show.

Geez Grizz, if they're going to wait that long to clean that area up, I think it should get nominated for D-Troops bad show section (if it's not there already). We were there at the beginning of last November and I know it had already been boarded up for a while before we arrived. I thought it looked terrible - it was like the whole ride was being abandoned and just left to decay. I think it leaves people with a bad feeling about that attraction when they exit the ride.

MsSpinShady :cool:

P.S. What's up with the D-Troops site? I'm getting a message saying it's been updated to Apache and we should talk to you about where the content went.

General Grizz

MsSpinShady said:
Geez Grizz, if they're going to wait that long to clean that area up, I think it should get nominated for D-Troops bad show section (if it's not there already). We were there at the beginning of last November and I know it had already been boarded up for a while before we arrived. I thought it looked terrible - it was like the whole ride was being abandoned and just left to decay. I think it leaves people with a bad feeling about that attraction when they exit the ride.

MsSpinShady :cool:

P.S. What's up with the D-Troops site? I'm getting a message saying it's been updated to Apache and we should talk to you about where the content went.
There is an issue with our web server that is under control. Time is key now. Unfortunately, it's out of my hands, so I'll let you know when we're back.

That could be considered bad show, but if Disney has plans to rework the area, changing it for a temporary exhibit without a sponsor may not be in their best interest. I certainly see the point, however. (i.e. I would much rather see the funds go into care and quality of the SE rehab!)

-SIR-

I just rode this a day ago and ( I wont tell you how so don't ask :zipit: ) I got a gimpse behind the wall, most of the orignal global nieghborhood stuff is just sitting there unplugged and shoved in the middle of the room, its all dusty and untouched and sort of eerie... If was really sad to see... I would have taken a picture but I could have gotten someone in REALLY big trouble so I decided not to, it was very cool... my next goal is to see the old imageworks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom