Spaceship Earth walls down

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the SSE threads, but today (Sat 22nd) the walls around Spaceship earth are down.

As reported on other threads, the descent video also now features the riders head stuck onto the cartoon characters.

Kman101

I was there on Friday the 21st and yeah, the walls were down and it was open with about a 20 minute wait time around noon-ish.

Tiggerfanatic

It was actually on the News Thursday night about the opening on Friday - we saw it from the resort. We caught a soft opening our 1st day there (the 15th) and really liked the interactive screens.

phenom1307

I was there on Friday the 21st and yeah, the walls were down and it was open with about a 20 minute wait time around noon-ish.

20 minute wait? it looked a lot longer then 20 minutes

i also saw at the exit there looked to be a news team there asking riders what they thought....not sure if they were asking that exact question but they were def interviewing riders as they got off

dpunky

My wait on the 21st took longer than 20 minutes because the ride broke down and got operational after 20 additional minutes. I should have waited at night to ride becuase there was NO lines

Bear-Meat

Broken Down...

I was wondering if anyone else was on it when it wasn't working right. We went on it Saturday the 15th around 8 pm or so. While we were on it the ride stopped in the middle of it and the touch screens didn't work at all. They were on but we couldn't interact. They guy said we were only like the 10th group that went on it. It was still pretty neat. He also said that they still had some parts they were fine tuning and had to change before the opening. Some props were also missing. It was kind of neat because there was a guy working on somthing right next to us while it wasn't working.

DallasDis

The Disneyworld website no longer lists SSE as closed in January.It also now lists Splash Mountain as closing on Jan 4th rather than Jan 1st.

Brian_WDW74

The Disneyworld website no longer lists SSE as closed in January.It also now lists Splash Mountain as closing on Jan 4th rather than Jan 1st.

The disneyworld.com site has been buggy for months, with closures disappearing and reappearing. I just checked and it does still list SSE as being closed in January.

Interesting that they pushed back the Splash refurb a few days, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom