News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

sedati

Indoor queue or just the exit? Mural looks like a sideways map.

GeneralKnowledge

We have no idea what they have planned for this attraction so best to wait and see.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’ve been around here long enough to be able to translate Disney PR bull$#!+ into reality.

For example, from their Epcot Press Release talking about the new 3 story platform l: “It will provide a stunning elevated view of the entire park and an ideal spot to witness Epcot’s nighttime spectacular.” Actually means “it will provide an economical way for us to maximize the revenue from unannounced fireworks dessert parties”

Back to SSE, they are gently breaking the news that they will be changing the theme of SSE to make it more palatable to add IP.

Communication to storytelling is an easy step and hey you know what goes with storytelling? Our library of movies!

FigmentJedi

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’ve been around here long enough to be able to translate Disney PR bull$#!+ into reality.

For example, from their Epcot Press Release talking about the new 3 story platform l: “It will provide a stunning elevated view of the entire park and an ideal spot to witness Epcot’s nighttime spectacular.” Actually means “it will provide an economical way for us to maximize the revenue from unannounced fireworks dessert parties”
Not to mention how the Mary Poppins announcement was an elaborate production number and "Forum Censors Hate Him Man" showing up, while only showing exteriors and no signs of what the thing inside is, which really seems to say "Yup, indoor carousel with screens!"

eddie104

Everything about the changes to spaceship earth and this whole Epcot overhaul sounds horrifying. Good luck getting me to pay for a Walt Disney World vacation.

Only thing I’m happy about is getting the original fountain, original logo/font, and Pavillion symbols restored.
I'm pretty sure you will eventually come around to liking it. :)

Captain Neo

I'm pretty sure you will eventually come around to liking it. :)

Unlikely. I put my money where my mouth was ten years ago when I didn’t like the direction WDW was going. I’ve been back a few times since but I didn’t pay a dime (visited while working for Disney and visiting family) they keep this up they won’t see a penny from me.

I would have checked out Hollywood Studios but Disneyland is getting both the Star Wars stuff and the big Mickey ride on top of Spider-Man opening next year. So if I go to any Disney Park it will be Disneyland if anything.

And I’m not trying to be jerk I absolutely loved WDW in the 90s and was really rooting for return to form but Disney is more interested in the lowest common denominator and just junking WDW up.

eddie104

Unlikely. I put my money where my mouth was ten years ago when I didn’t like the direction WDW was going. I’ve been back a few times since but I didn’t pay a dime (visited while working for Disney and visiting family) they keep this up they won’t see a penny from me.

I would have checked out Hollywood Studios but Disneyland is getting both the Star Wars stuff and the big Mickey ride on top of Spider-Man opening next year. So if I go to any Disney Park it will be Disneyland if anything.
Have it your way. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom