Spaceship Earth Question!

hansel1

Original Poster
I finally got to go back to disneyworld after having last been over 20 years ago. My favorite ride back then was spaceship earth in the epcot globe.

My question is:

Did they change this ride? I seem to remember this ride involving more sci-fi space interaction. You had to push some buttons or something and the 3 of you each had a console.

I might be mistaken or that might have been some other ride at epcot. This was around the time that captain EO (michael jackson) was still the 3d movie at epcot.

Any help would be appreciated.

WishinUponAStar

Yes, that was good old Horizons that most of us remember and miss. There is a GREAT video of the attraction on this site if you go search for it. You can watch the whole attraction run through!!! It brought back GREAT memories for me!

JaclynR

I had last rode Spaceship Earth in 1990 and just rode it last week. It seemed so different from what I remember as a youngster. What has changed in it?

Captain Hank

JaclynR said:
I had last rode Spaceship Earth in 1990 and just rode it last week. It seemed so different from what I remember as a youngster. What has changed in it?
Around 1994, there was a major rehab of the descent portion of Spaceship Earth. The song "Tomorrow's Child" was removed, and pretty much everything after the starfield at the top of the dome was redone. The narrator also changed. Pretty much everything before the starfield is the same, though.

DznyRktekt

Captain Hank said:
Around 1994, there was a major rehab of the descent portion of Spaceship Earth. The song "Tomorrow's Child" was removed, and pretty much everything after the starfield at the top of the dome was redone. The narrator also changed. Pretty much everything before the starfield is the same, though.

One major change before the starfield that was an improvement IMO was finally giving the paperboy a voice change. He was due...somewhat of a late bloomer.

I guess it wasn't a major change.

David

DznyRktekt said:
One major change before the starfield that was an improvement IMO was finally giving the paperboy a voice change. He was due...somewhat of a late bloomer.

I guess it wasn't a major change.

It was to the paperboy.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom