Spaceship Earth preview poll - for those who have ridden the previews

Do you think the new Spaceship Earth is an improvement over the previous version?

• Yes

Votes: 113 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 113 50.0%

• Total voters

echoscot

Now for those of you who claim the music is lacking, specificly at the top, I have to say this:

After being on twice now, I have to say I almost prefer the new music. Before you jump on the claim consider this: The Music throughout the entire attraction is MUCH more fitting to the location and time period. As for the top, yes I miss the dramatic crescendo, however, the new loop feels more like you are in SPACE and less like you are on a ride. It's calmer more subdued and really, to me, adds to the realism of the scene.

Just my opinion. I have to say, the 2nd time through the ride sort of grew around me. I am not near as disappointed, although nothing had changed. And the other around me on the ride really seemed to be enjoying the ride.

IMHO

:eek: That seems to be a dangerous opinion to have on this board:eek:

I hope you have your guard up...:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

EpcotServo

Now for those of you who claim the music is lacking, specificly at the top, I have to say this:

After being on twice now, I have to say I almost prefer the new music. Before you jump on the claim consider this: The Music throughout the entire attraction is MUCH more fitting to the location and time period. As for the top, yes I miss the dramatic crescendo, however, the new loop feels more like you are in SPACE and less like you are on a ride. It's calmer more subdued and really, to me, adds to the realism of the scene.

Just my opinion. I have to say, the 2nd time through the ride sort of grew around me. I am not near as disappointed, although nothing had changed. And the other around me on the ride really seemed to be enjoying the ride.

IMHO

Yes, I really don't get the hate for the great new score. It's epic, it's sweeping, and every one fits the place it's in! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT! How dare the music not be new yet sound exactly the same...
:lol:

Plus, the Earth reveal music DOES sound alot like the old Tommorrow's Child reveal music.

Matpez

I don't hate the new music... as a matter of fact, both times, I could barely hear it. My (personal) complaint about the new music is it isn't like the old music in that it doesn't add to the emotion and story. When you hit the top and saw the stars and Earth and the music hit it's grand crescendo right then.... it was AWESOME. Now, it is some barely noticeable background music.

wdwfan22

Yes, I really don't get the hate for the great new score. It's epic, it's sweeping, and every one fits the place it's in! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT! How dare the music not be new yet sound exactly the same...
:lol:

Plus, the Earth reveal music DOES sound alot like the old Tommorrow's Child reveal music.

For me the music went from being a great musical score with lots of emotion and build up to just being background music. For me the music was the biggest let down of the attraction.

MinnieMommy

We got to ride it twice on our recent trip. I was so excited just to get to ride our beloved Spaceship Earth. The ride up to the top was incredible, everything looked great and very fluid motions and fresh scenes. We actually enjoyed the new narration. The touch screen ending was something that we felt was not close to being ready. In fact, the first time we rode, my DD and MIL had the whole screen go blank and watched a Windows reboot until we finished. (My DD -7 thought this was hysterical!)

The second time we rode, I asked my DD and DS what they thought. They absolutely loved the touch screen concept. DS even suggested that he thought our photos would eventually be placed in the end video segment. There is still work to be done, and several people with clipboards, etc. seemed to be telling us that they aren't even calling these "soft openings" yet. These were men who were discussing the technical reboot issue we had with us. I suppose we will all see in February!!

wdwjmp239

I don't know....I felt the entire ride was off. Entertaining to see the changes, though. Lets see what happens in February when it officially opens.

dr_teeth90210

Yes, because I'm sure Siemens created the attraction, not WDI. :rolleyes:
Siemens has stained the Spaceship Earth lagacy just the same way that Kodak has ruined the Imagination Pavillion over the years.

Siemens not only left a bad taste in my mouth because of the ride rehab but also for spewing the Siemens name all over Spaceship Earth during the illuminations postshow.

dpunky

Put back Walter Cronkite's narration and the original theme song "Tomorrow's Child" and everything will be good again.

I got to ride it a few weeks ago and i have to disagree with you all. It is so much better being updated from the old to the new. Tha animatronics move so much faster and look so much more real than they did before. There are things that need to be finished though. There is a reason why our pics are taken in the beginning ... the end is still being worked out ....

did any of you notice the engineering standing around watching things??

soft openings are away not only to get feedback but also to see how the ride operates and watch when it is constantly being bored by guest , guests with disabilities, how the programs run together , and what bugs and things need to be finish. It benefits them to know what they need to work on and finish and since there is still 2 more months of work since they are reclosing come after the holiday, there will be a lot more to see with it.

emoariel

eh =/

I cant say i liked or disliked it. i think it was corny. and the little video is pretty stupid. My touch screen barely worked. but it was a little better than before i guess.

hoke2007

I voted yes. The first half of the ride was a huge improvement and the second half isn't as horrible as it's made to be. Judi Dench does a really good job, in my own opinion. Overall I'd give the ride a B+, but with some improvements/additions to the second half of the ride it could be an A.

IMHO

What? The new music doesn't compare to the old score at all. The old score flowed with the progress of communication over time and DID fit in with each scene's time period, and the score connected through the entire ride, even to the end. The narration is also awful. Perhaps the voice just isn't commanding as Kronkite or Irons, but the whole script needs worked on as well.

ead79

We got to ride it twice during our mid-December trip. I thought that overall it was an improvement. The ascent portion looks really fantastic, and I like Judi Dench as the narrator a great deal. I also like the subtle changes they made during the ascent. The touch screen concept does need some fine-tuning as the descent portion of the ride is bland. I miss the old score, but I was paying so much attention to the narration that I don't think I really gave the new score enough attention.

Maerj

Siemens has stained the Spaceship Earth lagacy just the same way that Kodak has ruined the Imagination Pavillion over the years.

Siemens not only left a bad taste in my mouth because of the ride rehab but also for spewing the Siemens name all over Spaceship Earth during the illuminations postshow.

Get ready for "Siemens' Stains SSE" protest shirts!

GoofyMagic

I'm only assuming they are going to illiminate some of the (cool) matrix sequence once they know how they're going to finish the rest of the ending... In no way was it a big improvement if the programmed LED lighting is the only ending to the ride...The fiberoptics were WAAAY cooler IMO.

katedvc

Loved It!

My boyfriend and I rode the new and improved Spaceship Earth the first week of January and can't say enough great things about it. We were super-fans of the old Spaceship Earth but were the first to admit it needed an update. The new scene are interesting and very complex, and the new narration is very enjoyable.

The touch screens were up and running and it was so fun and cute. They put each of our faces on avatars playing out all of our answers to the previous questions about how our lives will be different in the future. It was so awesome! The tunnel at the end wasn't that exciting, but the video is so entertaining that it doesn't really matter.

If you get on the ride not expecting a HUGE difference, you will be very pleased. Anticipating anything other than Spaceship Earth with a "makeover" may cause you to leave let-down.

Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom