Spaceship Earth - new paint scheme on supports

Goofnut1980

Ok.. So I have an idea... we had the wand for years... Can we put Mickey ears hat (like we buy with our names on them) on Spaceship Earth and write Epcot on the hat... I think it would look fun!

Captain Neo

heh maybe if we all start emailing disney asking why they painted the twin towers on SSE they will finally take action and remove LAL for fear of being insensitive? Stranger things have happened.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
heh maybe if we all start emailing disney asking why they painted the twin towers on SSE they will finally take action and remove LAL for fear of being insensitive? Stranger things have happened.

Well, the Timekeeper in Tomorrowland played seasonally for several years after 9/11, even with the twin towers in plain view during part of the show.

Mikester71

Does anybody know when the other leg is getting re-coated, or if it has been already? Not that it is a deal breaker when I go down there next month or anything, but it would be kinda cool to FINALLY get to see SSE back to its original glory. I say this because my first trip to WDW didn't occur until I was already 35 years old...and that was in 2005. So the first thing that greeted me as I entered Epcot was the "infamous" magic wand SSE!!! It wasn't until my third trip in 2009 that I finally got to see SSE, sans wand. So how great would it be for me if when I get down to WDW in 32 days, SSE is now LaL pattern-free! Like I said earlier...I would FINALLY get a chance to see the closest thing to the original SSE (on the outside, of course)!!!! :sohappy:

montyz81

Does anybody know when the other leg is getting re-coated, or if it has been already? Not that it is a deal breaker when I go down there next month or anything, but it would be kinda cool to FINALLY get to see SSE back to its original glory. I say this because my first trip to WDW didn't occur until I was already 35 years old...and that was in 2005. So the first thing that greeted me as I entered Epcot was the "infamous" magic wand SSE!!! It wasn't until my third trip in 2009 that I finally got to see SSE, sans wand. So how great would it be for me if when I get down to WDW in 32 days, SSE is now LaL pattern-free! Like I said earlier...I would FINALLY get a chance to see the closest thing to the original SSE (on the outside, of course)!!!! :sohappy:
Once the Prisms are back, and the LaL is gone, it would be all they way back to original.

Mikester71

Once the Prisms are back, and the LaL is gone, it would be all they way back to original.

That would be pretty sweet! Like I said in my earlier post, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing it in its original state. Here's hoping...slowly but surely! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom