Spaceship Earth Mystery

PecosBill

Original Poster
While at the top of the SSE Planetarium Scene with the worklights on (just beyond where the time machines currently begin their decent) I noticed the ramp supporting the Omnimover path actually continues on another fifty feet or so upwards (towards the Earth image...) Anyone have any idea why this extension was ever bothered to be constructed?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Originally the ride was supposed to go higher and make another loop. It was decided not to do so at some point during the design and construction of the attraction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not wishing to start an argument, but this has been mentioned a lot. None of the construction blueprints show anything resembling the track going any higher. Any higher, and the track - and guests - would block the starfield projection.

What you did see was the roof of the level below, circling around to the `matrix tunnel` entry port. The upmost level is where the starfield projector is, out of sight.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Not wishing to start an argument, but this has been mentioned a lot. None of the construction blueprints show anything resembling the track going any higher. Any higher, and the track - guests - would block the starfield projection.

What you did see was the roof of the level below, circling around to the `matrix tunnel` entry port. The upmost level is where the starfield projector is, out of sight.

I always thought the concept art of the vehicles in the 180-top depicted them going higher - sort of stretching out to infinity. I assumed that's where the rumor had come from.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
What you can see is the launch ramp for the MQ-9 Reaper that is allocated by USAF for the defence of WDW. Under the guise of refurb and wand removal SSE top is now able to swing open and allow the unmanned vehicle to exit. Equipment for its various roles are held behind the scenes, and indeed in times of emergency the TVs and monitors can be used for real when the vehicle is in its recce mode.

What people fail to realise is that the LAL stones actually double as anti tank defences and the walkway from World Showcase makes a perfect runway for post park operation landings.

DisneyMusician2

What you can see is the launch ramp for the MQ-9 Reaper that is allocated by USAF for the defence of WDW. Under the guise of refurb and wand removal SSE top is now able to swing open and allow the unmanned vehicle to exit. Equipment for its various roles are held behind the scenes, and indeed in times of emergency the TVs and monitors can be used for real when the vehicle is in its recce mode.

What people fail to realise is that the LAL stones actually double as anti tank defences and the walkway from World Showcase makes a perfect runway for post park operation landings.

Of course! Now it is so clear why the descent is boarded up. The new control rooms! :lookaroun

Cmdr_Crimson

HA! I knew it!

jt04

Please don't say anymore or you will reveal the entire plot of "Battlefield Spaceship Earth: The Movie" starring John Travolta, and a cast of thousands of mouskateers.

Jerm

Go with what Martin says! If I have a question about DL I ask Dave Smith, if I have a question about WDW I ask Marni1971(Martin)! For someone who is a ocean away from the park, he has the most info of anyone I have ever talked to!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom