Spaceship Earth: Mysterious Dark Space

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
It's been awhile, folks. :wave:

I've been awoken from hibernation by this inquiry, which probably has been asked before:

At the peak of Spaceship Earth, right before you start the descent, with the big Earth on the ceiling and the stars and whatnot, there's just a giant black shapely space. I wouldn't think anything of it, but there's definitely some unlit junk in that dark space. I tried taking flash pictures (I know, I know. But it was during EMH and there was nobody but me and my cousin on the ride, so no harm, no foul) of the space, to mostly no avail. I did catch a glimpse of what looks to be a boring wooden box and possibly a prop from an old scene? My cousin said he saw "what looked like some old props and junk" for a split second when my camera flashed.

My curiosity is killing me, anybody know what's in this dark mysterious nothingness? Any insight whatsoever?

WDW Monorail

There are cut outs of what was supposed to be the lunar terrain. Other than that, there are the earth and star field projectors and probably a bunch of other stuff that humans rarely ever get to see. There's also the infamous girl in the window scene that is painted black and is visible just after your vehicle spins backwards.

dolbyman

we had months worth of threads about those black areas of sse .. martin elaborated most of it in one of his sse tributes

CaptainMichael

That's actually the condo I won through YoMD's Magic Backstage promotion. It was supposed to remain a secret during YoMD, but now that WWYC has begun, I can gloat that I have a condo at the top of SSE. Way better than the Cinderella Castle Suite.

lilclerk

That's actually the condo I won through YoMD's Magic Backstage promotion. It was supposed to remain a secret during YoMD, but now that WWYC has begun, I can gloat that I have a condo at the top of SSE. Way better than the Cinderella Castle Suite.
:eek: You are going to have lots of jealous people at your door!

To the OP, this thread will tell you everything you want to know and more.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=76004

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom