Spaceship Earth During Illuminations!

WDW Expert

Original Poster
Have you ever noticed that during Illuminations they shut all the lights off on Spaceship Earth on the lagoon side? Its neat to see Spaceship Earth with no lights on at night! I believe the entrance side of Spaceship Earths lights remain on! Just a fun thing to notice!

jrashadb

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
It used to be that they displayed laser graphics on SE... however, that is no longer.

Yeah, I remember that. I used to think that was soooooo cool. But, there are a lot of things Epcot used to do (EPCOT Center) that were a lot cooler back in the day than they are now.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by ghostygreeter
If I remember correctly, I believe there is a laser emitter that goes from S.E... That might be the reason why the lights are turned off.

maybe, but its a great dramatic effect...I mean, the guy blows out the torches along with just about every other light in Epcot...sweet!

braddini

i remeber they use to project a map of the world and have it rotate, looked awesome, and left it projecting on SE till everyone was out of the park, i think i might have a pic of it , will have to search the arcive at home to find it.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by braddini
i remeber they use to project a map of the world and have it rotate, looked awesome, and left it projecting on SE till everyone was out of the park, i think i might have a pic of it , will have to search the arcive at home to find it.

Wasn't that Pre-RoE?

The original Illuminations was based on all nations being "one in the world"

Reflections of Earth is based on the creation of earth, up to now, and on to the future.

(I know, that's very vague...but this may be why they don't show the "globe" on SE)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom