Spaceship Earth closed August 18th-24th for refurbishment.

t3techcom18

Care to share those additions?

can anyone confirm if and what they plan on doing? "insiders" you have been summoned.
Would that have anything to do with the descent or not really
Like I said, I'm digging for further info but all I know is that WDI has been installing things related to NextGen during 3rd shift. As to what things they've been installing, I imagine that's in the descent because I haven't seen anything that's fully noticeable in any of the other scenes there.

The week-long rehab could be to install the final bits of said infrastructure for NextGen OR be a much put off replacing of track. It could be game for either, with possibility of maybe both at once.
Hopefully they can bring back the smell of Rome burning, when we were there in January it wasnt working at all. Also replace the projector for the mammoth scene in the beginning as it is so dark you can't see it.
The smell of burning embers have been intermittent for a while but is fully back now and the mammoth projection is back to normal as well.

Oh - and since no one has asked...the other piece of NextGen they've been installing during 3rd shift nearby is already complete and completely visible to everyone passing by. It entails for something very interesting to come to that particular attraction, whose exterior was just recently received some much-needed TLC.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Like I said, I'm digging for further info but all I know is that WDI has been installing things related to NextGen during 3rd shift. As to what things they've been installing, I imagine that's in the descent because I haven't seen anything that's fully noticeable in any of the other scenes there.

The week-long rehab could be to install the final bits of said infrastructure for NextGen OR be a much put off replacing of track. It could be game for either, with possibility of maybe both at once.

The smell of burning embers have been intermittent for a while but is fully back now and the mammoth projection is back to normal as well.

Oh - and since no one has asked...the other piece of NextGen they've been installing during 3rd shift nearby is already complete and completely visible to everyone passing by. It entails for something very interesting to come to that particular attraction, whose exterior was just recently received some much-needed TLC.

Intriguing.

spacemountain89

The ride will interact with the magic band as a device was installed in the time tunnel. As far as what the interaction is I have no clue. The burning rome scene is super strong right now with you being able to smell it outside at greeter. 3rd shift put way to much liquid in the machine. The load and unload track is probably what will be replaced since that's where most of the stress is and they've already had to replace part of it by unload last year.

TP2000

What?! NO! I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO RIDE THIS AGAIN

Well. Except in January. And the first week of my trip. Actually, I'm good:p

Sure, you'll be fine. But don't forget that VACATIONS WILL BE RUINED because this 30 year old Omnimover presented by The Bell System is closed for a week of refurbishment. :cool:

articos

The ride will interact with the magic band as a device was installed in the time tunnel. As far as what the interaction is I have no clue. The burning rome scene is super strong right now with you being able to smell it outside at greeter. 3rd shift put way to much liquid in the machine. The load and unload track is probably what will be replaced since that's where most of the stress is and they've already had to replace part of it by unload last year.

I've always liked when Rome's scent drifts outside by greeter. It's like SSE is welcoming you back and beckoning you inside.:) The way SSE interacts with the band is a good example of how Next Gen can be used to good effect in some attractions. It should help with some of the changes that I've never liked as much, making them a bit better/more blended/tolerable.

Maccabee18

I heard the next gen upgrade was the replacement of Judi Denchs voice to Siri. ::flee::

Scuttle

Any chance it's to fix the printing press scene?
That's been down for over a year. If they add next gen without fixing the printing press scene or the almost always down moon landing TV I'll be very disappointed. We'll see, we have seen a pattern of maintenance that is improving..... Yes I use ''
improving'' loosely.

aladdin2007

That's been down for over a year. If they add next gen without fixing the printing press scene or the almost always down moon landing TV I'll be very disappointed. We'll see, we have seen a pattern of maintenance that is improving..... Yes I use ''
improving'' loosely.

True, as well as all the dusty grimy rails and curtains and potlights mainly in the ascent and descent, will see if they touch on any of that.

mickey2008.1

All good things to hear. It appears thar things may be on the up at WDW as far as maintenance and repairs, but time will tell. We will be there in September for our own look. Lookoing goood so far. Wfwere is the other nextgen thing the op mentioned?

muteki

improving'' loosely.

One more vote for fixing this. The scene is so stale without the big green wheel spinning.

montyz81

And Imagination continues untouched. If it were shut down for maintenance, would anyone notice? I am however, very happy that my favorite ride is getting a little love. Long live the Epcot Center part of Epcot!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom