Spaceship Earth area landscaping update photos 20 Sep

Figment82

So with all these planters being cleared (namely the front entrance one) - can we hope for some sort of special 25th anniversary planting? How about a giant "25" in topiary form. :)

goofyfan13

23_134_5.gif

I love the TLC Epcot is getting! When I saw the old Epcot logo on that sign it only got better! Can't wait to see it all on Saturday.

CaptainMichael

So with all these planters being cleared (namely the front entrance one) - can we hope for some sort of special 25th anniversary planting? How about a giant "25" in topiary form. :)

I reckon something to do with the 25th will be going into the front garden.

Now, if we could just get something put back in the middle of the fountain in front of SSE.:drevil:

JimboJones123

Mmmmm - I wonder how long it will be before we get the first "I preferred the wand to the trees" thread :ROFLOL:
I just want the flamingos back. I know they were eating hundreds of thousands out of the parks budget and all, but it was really cool to have them there. God forbid you encourage nature anywhere but AK. (sorry, I liked the pink things)

Epcot82Guy

Thanks! Great pics. I'm glad they replaced the palms. I was getting a little worried about their stability. These new guys will sprout up soon enough. Can't wait to see the rest of it. I'm hoping a few more logos get integrated (more in the park than the landscape, but the point still stands :lol: ).

Figment82

I just want the flamingos back. I know they were eating hundreds of thousands out of the parks budget and all, but it was really cool to have them there. God forbid you encourage nature anywhere but AK. (sorry, I liked the pink things)

I couldn't agree more - I used to love watching them. One of my favorite little details of "old school" Epcot.

JWG

Anyone else hopeful that the change in landscaping is to help make the park icons more visible? Maybe allow for more dramatic lighting packages? 360-degree views of SSE?

If you look at old park photos you can see most of Future World and it's obvious how big UofE is because there are no trees. The vegetation is new, hasn't really grown in and it's kind of neat to be able to see the pavilions.

More recent pictures have large trees and great greenery especially near the front of the park and around SSE. Part of that is growth over 25 years and part is replacement of various vegetation.

None the less, I like the more scaled back look of thinner/shorter palms that create the illusion of how big SSE is and hopefully allow for some great lighting on SSE.

Maybe it's just me...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom