Space vs location

daisyduckie

Original Poster
How do you decide which is most important?

I'm in the process of planning a trip over the 4th of July holiday. It would be me, my sis, her hubby, and her youngest child (age 18). So an adult for a room. We are trying to decide between one room at the Swan (love that location) and 2 rooms at CSR. And we would be staying a week.

Pros for the Swan: Location. Love being able to boat to the Studios and boat or walk to Epcot. Con: Sharing one room
Pros for CSR: Magical Express. 2 rooms= 2 tvs, 2 bathrooms. Space. Con: Having to bus everywhere.

Please share your thoughts and opinions!!! We are torn between the 2!

epcotisbest

How do you decide which is most important?

I'm in the process of planning a trip over the 4th of July holiday. It would be me, my sis, her hubby, and her youngest child (age 18). So an adult for a room. We are trying to decide between one room at the Swan (love that location) and 2 rooms at CSR. And we would be staying a week.

Pros for the Swan: Location. Love being able to boat to the Studios and boat or walk to Epcot. Con: Sharing one room
Pros for CSR: Magical Express. 2 rooms= 2 tvs, 2 bathrooms. Space. Con: Having to bus everywhere.

Please share your thoughts and opinions!!! We are torn between the 2!

Given the time frame you mentioned, for us location would be much more important. A location nowhere near WDW (or Florida in general during the hot and crowded July holiday) would be tops on our list. :)

DisneyOutsider

I much prefer the Swan and Dolphin to Coronado, but having an entire extra room sounds much more comfortable and vacation-like. Plus the location of Swan and dolphin doesn't offer any advantages when it comes to MK for 4th of July. I'd go with the extra room

MaryJaneP

Even with your pros for the 1 vs 2 rooms, we would still go with 2 rooms. Transport to us is a less-important consideration. Think where you want to spend most of your time. We have had to juggle bathroom time and suffer the extended delays brought by having less bathrooms than people that "need" to be in them.

yaksplat

We spent a few days at the dolphin in august. We'd never go back. Theming is non existant. The rooms were tiny. The bathroom was so tight. The fees.... I've never seen fees like that before. After all was said and done, renting points at the poynesian cost us $30 more per day.

The location was nice, but that was it. It's at the very bottom of our list. You'll never hear a good swolphin review from me.

PplMover

If those are you only options.. Swan and take an Uber.... under that swan is more of a business conference center. BUT boardwalk for nighttime entertainment and being able to walk to 2/4 parks is way better than CSR

JIMINYCR

I'd go with 2 rooms as long as the cost fits your budget. Having 4 people share a room and bathroom, trying to get ready in the mornings, and having no privacy, can get uncomfortable. With the crowds youll be handling in the parks over the 4th, you dont want to add to the frustration by having a crowded room also. Youll want to stretch out and relax. The ability to have some alone time away from the others can make the time easier.

HouCuseChickie

We stayed at the Swan around this time last year and would pick it any day over a moderate...even if it meant one room vs two. Obviously, the location is significantly better, the bed quality at the Swan is excellent, and the rooms are spacious...including the bathroom area (which is way too cramped at the mods for my preferences). I know people say they miss the Disney touches, but when we stayed last year, all of us had rooms with park views. For me, park views beat Disney touches in the room. We booked the cheapest room available last visit and this was our view...

24234723077_1a25c110a9_z.jpg

39095650111_15a1c2c057_z.jpg

I'm not a fan of Magical Express since I think there's too much time wasted waiting, so that wasn't a con for us. In fact, the only thing we really missed was using our Magic Bands for everything...although, the plus of that was getting the Disney Visa discount on a lot more things.

daisyduckie

Original Poster
We have actually gone with both, sort of. We are staying at the Dolphin July 2-5 and moving to Coronado Springs for 5-10! The Dolphin was about $60 a night cheaper than the Swan.

I figure we can all share a room for the first 3 nights, that won't be so bad. I'd rather be at the Swan ( I like the bathroom layout much more than the bathroom at the Dolphin) but I can suck it up for that short time. Then I'll have my own room at Coronado Springs!

Btw, my sis got a great deal on Hotwire for CSR. Saved us around $80 a night!

PplMover

We have actually gone with both, sort of. We are staying at the Dolphin July 2-5 and moving to Coronado Springs for 5-10! The Dolphin was about $60 a night cheaper than the Swan.

I figure we can all share a room for the first 3 nights, that won't be so bad. I'd rather be at the Swan ( I like the bathroom layout much more than the bathroom at the Dolphin) but I can suck it up for that short time. Then I'll have my own room at Coronado Springs!

Btw, my sis got a great deal on Hotwire for CSR. Saved us around $80 a night!

Nice- if you are happy that’s what’s matters!

Definitely make the most of the Boardwalk night life AND being able to walk to EPCOT and HS

LUVofDIS

We are always trying different rooms at WDW, but our home is always the Dolphin. The beds can't be matched by the Disney themed hotels. Though we did just spend a night at the atrium club level at the Contemporary, and it came close, at a much greater expense. Other than that, the Swan and Dolphin tend to be larger rooms.

As mentioned above, the fees are disturbing, but the cost is always much cheaper than the other deluxe room on property. Unless you can score a DVC rental, which can be difficult.

Your final choice is excellent, you will be able to determine which way is actually better.

This last trip we had three adults in one room. My wife and I would take showers in the morning and her sister at night and that worked out well. We never felt like we were tripping over each other at either location. Surprisingly, I think all three of us would give the nod to the Dolphin. We had a balcony where you could see the EPCOT fireworks and the geosphere. The transportation cant be beat at the Dolphin, with boats and the ability to walk to EPCOT and HS. Now the club level view at the Contemporary allowed us a clear view of the MK, it is an understatement to say this was much better, but as stated before, at a much higher cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom