Space Shuttle.

disneyworld66

Original Poster
For anyone wanting to see the Space Shuttle I would go up onto the roof of the Contemporary. I saw a launch from up there in 2001. You get a pretty good view.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I actually saw that one that went up on July 4th this year from up there. There were only about 20 or so people there at the time but the view was great.

NCthames

Do you really get to see anything or is it just watching smoke from the engines streaming into the sky? Can you hear anything as it breaks sound barriers?

Chape19714

You really can't see much unless you are right there at the Launch site. It's still pretty impressive no matter where your viewing location is.

pilka214

i object!!! i live in lakeland, which is farther from cape canaveral then orlando is, and if u look hard enough u can see the orange rockets actually break off, kinda. but no u see a big like flame goin up in the ski, at night, and during the day u can actually see it mostly, unless ur staring into the sun.

napnet

It is actually not that loud when you are close by... i was close enough i could see the actual shuttle but the sound just wasn't as loud as i expected. Still amazing to see!

metscool

If it is going off on the 6 or the 8 I will be there. But if it is going off on the 7 I won't be there. I have classes that day. The class starts at 530 and if it goes off at 430 which they are thinking about. I don't want to take any chances.

TomorrowlandTyler

New Launch Date Set for STS-115

New Launch Date Set for STS-115
As launch preparations resumed at NASA's Kennedy Space Center's Launch Pad 39B on Thursday, mission managers set Sept. 6 as the new date for the launch of Atlantis on Mission STS-115 to the International Space Station. Liftoff time would be 12:29 p.m. EDT.

NCthames

You could clearly see the rocket flames from the Contemporary on July 4.

Thanks... I was just curious since there was a news update on the home page for WDWmagic.com on Aug 26 that said "you can get some great views of the shuttle from within the parks." I did not figure that that meant of the orbiter itself, but maybe just the exhaust from the rockets.

spike595

I live on the west coast of Florida and can see the flames and trail from the rockets and if its really clear you can see the vehicle but better with binoculars. It's pretty amazing that you see from 190 miles away. It's even cooler to hear the sonic boom when it's landing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom