Space Ship Earth

Florida Man

Original Poster
hey i wuz wondering on SSE. wat does the announcer say "like a * * in meraculous space ship??" and also who narrates it??

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by DISNEYRULES!!!
hey i wuz wondering on SSE. wat does the announcer say "like a * * in meraculous space ship??" and also who narrates it??

The Narrator is Jeremey Irons...I think...

cm1988

Poetic Language

Lines like "miraculous spaceship" and so on are the poetic words of Ray Bradbury... renowned sci-fi author who wrote the original script. Then again, that particular line is more recent, and so could have been someone else trying to sound "bradburian". My favorite Bradbury line in the attraction is as you are turning the corner from the Sistene Chapel scene to the press room... something like "on these wings of inspiration we soar into a new century".

Jeremy Irons narrated from the most recent script.

And I think the idea of "miraculous spaceship" is an attempt to say... in the middle of all that darkness of space... here's a planet where life somehow sprang up and endures. Now all that life travels together on that vast globe... through cold dark space... as if that globe were a miraculous spaceship.

Tot Fan

Read this.......

Read right under this thread. I love Spaceship Earth. I love it so much I put that naration as my signature!:sohappy:

JEDI1138

Originally posted by DISNEYRULES!!!

They have changed the narration back to the Original Voice, but not the Original script. Irons is out.

CraigSam

From what I'm told, Walter Cronkite was first, then Jeremy Irons, and the voice is now done by David Warner. He has been in many movies and TV shows, including Titanic, Three (Failed WB show), and a Cardassian on Star Trek: The Next Generation - he tortured Captain Picard in Chain of Command Parts I & II.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
When did they drop Irons? Had to happen recently....
This is the first I heard of this.....
Also.....
Is the ride audio still really muddy and faint? Or did they fix the audio issues....

MrNonacho

Premium Member
According to Intercot, Vic Perrin did the original narration, then Cronkite, then Irons. This change must have been pretty recent, as it was still Irons when I last rode a little while ago when they installed the warning video screens.

Maybe only some of the cars have the updated narration?

HumanOddity

No Irons?

This is very odd... I've not read anything else about Mr. Irons being removed. If this is true, it is a very recent development, as I rode SE just last Monday, and the Irons narration was still part of the ride. If it's true, I'm glad I got to catch that great narration one last time. I hope it's false.:mad:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
DMC-12: As far as audio quality goes, it seems to vary. Sometimes the audio is crisp and loud without many dropouts, and sometimes I can barely hear/understand it. Just depends on the car, I guess.

CraigSam

I may have the order backwards, and Jeremy Irons still does the narration. I thought that David Warner did the new one, but perhaps he was replaced by Jeremy Irons. The ride has had so many hosts.

BradleyJ

Re: No Irons?

Originally posted by HumanOddity
This is very odd... I've not read anything else about Mr. Irons being removed. If this is true, it is a very recent development, as I rode SE just last Monday, and the Irons narration was still part of the ride. If it's true, I'm glad I got to catch that great narration one last time. I hope it's false.:mad:

This has to be very false.

It was still Mr. Irons on Saturday.

BSikor

David Warner has never done a narration. Now maybe they have recorded him, and are planning to use it later? But as on current he has never appeared on SE.

grimgringhost

Re: Poetic Language

Originally posted by cm1988
Lines like "miraculous spaceship" and so on are the poetic words of Ray Bradbury... renowned sci-fi author who wrote the original script. Then again, that particular line is more recent, and so could have been someone else trying to sound "bradburian". My favorite Bradbury line in the attraction is as you are turning the corner from the Sistene Chapel scene to the press room... something like "on these wings of inspiration we soar into a new century".

Jeremy Irons narrated from the most recent script.

And I think the idea of "miraculous spaceship" is an attempt to say... in the middle of all that darkness of space... here's a planet where life somehow sprang up and endures. Now all that life travels together on that vast globe... through cold dark space... as if that globe were a miraculous spaceship.

I love Ray Bradbury's works!! They are soo good, Fahrenheit 451 is an awesome book!!

Luau Cove

Re: Re: Poetic Language

Originally posted by grimgringhost

Fahrenheit 451 is an awesome book!!

For the ones who didn't know, 451 in farenheits is the temperature in which the fire makes combustion in the paper so as to burn it.

-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom