Space Mountain

duffyy

Original Poster
There have been major changes for space mountain at Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. Do you think Space Mountain Disney world could be next. I sure hope not I love this ride so much. I have to go on it like five times when I go

scoobygang7144

I haven't been on it yet but have heard that it is amazing.

Changes:
1. Exterior
2. Interior
3. Rockets
4. Soundtrack
5. Darker, Better Lighting
6. Smoother Ride

I have heard that those are the changes but since i haven't been on the ride i don't know if some of them are true.

cdatkins

A "smoother" ride definitely wouldn't be an improvement, in my opinion. One of the things I love about SM is that it really jostles you around. This makes up for the lack of major drops (though there is one small drop--about 2/3 of the way through the ride--that is really fun because you absolutely do not see it coming at all).

TheDisneyMagic

I love Space Mountain as it is, as I have said in previous posts I think that all they need to do is bring back it's story, so that people understand about the mission and there is a point as to why we are going where we are going and that it is not just for the sake of it. I don't think that I would like to see the entire track changed because in my opinion the bumpiness adds to the effect but I would not be devestated if they did decide to change it. My main concern is them bringing back it's theme and story.

AEfx

We can only hope for a gut and a rebuild...Space Mountain should evoke excitement, thrill, and amazement, and not just nostalgia of such.

AEfx

jaredliu

AEfx said:
We can only hope for a gut and a rebuild...Space Mountain should evoke excitement, thrill, and amazement, and not just nostalgia of such.

AEfx

couldn't agree with you more.

I hate SM as what it is right now. It pales in comparsion to what they've done at DL (plus the Rockit Mt). Hope MK is not going to become a museum.

RPMdfw

joeyjoe92979 said:
This change would be great for WDW's Space Mountain. I just got back from DL and their SM is truely awesome. It has the greatest lighting effects that I have even seen. That was truely my favorite ride there. I could just imagine how long the wait would be then!

I COMPLETELY AGREE! We were at Disneyland last week and were BLOWN AWAY with how much their Space Mountain rocks!

After our first ride on it, I turned to Scott and said "Man, our Space Mountain, S___s!" Then insisted on riding it again. I'm usually a "ride it once and do it again next visit" kind of guy. Not so, this time. It's amazing. Just the speakers in the ride vehicles were a huge improvement. The star projections were awe-inspiring, and the new light effects simply can't be described.

ruca

I would love if they made SM a little more like the Space Mountain Mission 2 in Paris. It was amazing. To be honest, even before it was redone, SM Paris has always been a lot more wild than the one at wdw. Aslo, remember we still the Big Thunder as a 'rickety' roller coaster.

Logan5

The two space mountains that have been redone, are also very similair in the respect that they only have one track...
Our space mountain is more like the matterhorn bobsleds (two tracks)...

I think, that they should leave one track how it is, renovate and such... completley remove the second track, and replace it with an all new track...

It would be prety ambitious, but i think it would make for a cool ride...

Definatley space mountain florida, needs to be a little darker.....

BUT I JUST LOVE ARE LITTLE ROCKETS!!! they are unique and they give you such a great experience due to the way your seated...

I dont want our space mountain to become another basic rollercoaster (2 abreast seating)

For that just go on rock n rollercoaster ....

Jekyll

jddjcfc said:
I love Space Mountain as it is, as I have said in previous posts I think that all they need to do is bring back it's story, so that people understand about the mission and there is a point as to why we are going where we are going and that it is not just for the sake of it. I don't think that I would like to see the entire track changed because in my opinion the bumpiness adds to the effect but I would not be devestated if they did decide to change it. My main concern is them bringing back it's theme and story.

If you know Space Mountain's story please share it!!!!

cdatkins

I liked DL's SM better BEFORE they even redid it the DL one, so MK SM was always playing catch-up in my view.

I've been to MK about 8 times over 20 years and been on SM probably at least 16 times, and it has thrilled me every single time I've been on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom