Space Mountain

Aurora1996

This is my DD6 favorite ride. She feels so grown up since she is able to ride this.I hope they leave it alone it is perfect just the way it is.

aw,ill miss kong.
but there is no way they can change the sm in wdw now, its one of the top 5 attractions and have a very bad effect on ticket sales even if it was down for only like 6 months

barnebd5

WAIT...What are you saying? Are you saying that they might actually close Space Mountain WHY????

If they aren't tell me right away because my family was freaking out when I told them

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Lee

Adventurer
Here's the deal.
Disneyland is closing their Space Mountain this year for an 18 month rehab, which will include replacing the entire track, station, and queue, as well as adding new show scenes and inproved audio. The reason for this is that the track is falling apart after more than 25 years of continuous operation, and a replacement of the track is overdue.
The WDW ride is not scheduled for such an overhaul. The WDW track is not as worn out as DL's, probably due to the fact that the use is spread out over two tracks, rather than just one. However, if the DL makeover is successful, it would not be a stretch to see a similar change happen in WDW, but that would be several years away.
No Space Mountain is closing for good.

TestTrackTom

DUH! why don't they just make a new inverted coaster with the acres of space just collecting dust in animal kingdom? and make that dragon coaster ive heard about:drevil:

BenS

Originally posted by DogsRule!
By the way, Disneyland's Space Mountain already has a confirmed 18 month refurbishment, starting this Labor Day, that will involve a completely new theme, and new track, however, the track layout will be identical to the current layout, just w/ new metal.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

BenS

Originally posted by orangefan15
When a message hasn't been responded to in a while and it falls futher down the list of messages, a "bump" message is used to send the message back up to the top of the list.

Thank god someone answered that.

number1wdwfan

space mountain...

I think if they were to close Space Mountain, it should just be for a touch-up, like maybe to re-paint things and just to refurbish. I really don't think they should change anything on the ride itself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom