Space Mountain vs Splash Mountain

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Space Mountain | Walt Disney World Resort

Splash Mountain Ride | Walt Disney World Resort

James.Green

Splash, hands down. Best music in the parks, great story, great animatronic, awesome drop, and the only ride based on African American Folk Tales.

(Space is awesome too…)

jloucks

Sheesh, another poll I thought would be close, but nope!

I voted with the mob, since SM hurts more than SM. ....oh abbreviations don't work on this one very well. Guess which one hurts. :p

HouCuseChickie

What's funny...Splash is the better attraction (length of ride, animatronics, the storytelling, etc.), but I'm more likely to ride Space because I don't want to get wet.

Smiley/OCD

What's funny...Splash is the better attraction (length of ride, animatronics, the storytelling, etc.), but I'm more likely to ride Space because I don't want to get wet.
Hmmm…wet vs. whiplash…I’m a glutton for both, but unless it’s 60 degrees or less, I think, no, I KNOW, I’d rather be wet…besides, I usually don’t bring my cervical collar with me…although I LOVE Space Mountain too!

Pancho

Disneyland? space mountain. but not by much. Disneyworld? I don't even want to ride space mountain. I want to like it but it just hurts too much. it needs to be demoed and rebuilt like they are doing in, is it Tokyo I think. one of the over seas parks. Even if they redo the inside. There is talk that the one in Disneyland is going to be changed to a buzz lightyear ride. that would be a mistake, change the Disneyworld one. make it better.

erasure fan1

For myself, this one isn't even a contest. Outside of Space mountain having a legendary show building from the early days of the park. There isn't one category I would rate space above splash in. Maybe, just maybe, if they would have replaced the track during the last major refurb to a smooth modern system. It would be a closer match.

Walt Disney1955

I voted Space. Out of pure nostalgia.
One of the first rides I remember riding as a child.
Splash did not exist then.

I really don't think they will actually change splash.
They are full of beans.

Well, that's the thing, are they? I'd be interested in knowing myself. I tend to agree with you, because I'd like to think there is a bit of a buyer's remorse here from first announcing it. This is just far too popular of a ride to alter. You can't make it better than it already is. There is no way to go but down from here.

Richie248

Splash...however if we were comparing WDW Splash vs, Disneyland Space....it would be a touch choice for me. Hoping once Tron opens...Space Mountain gets an overhaul.

NickMaio

Well, that's the thing, are they? I'd be interested in knowing myself. I tend to agree with you, because I'd like to think there is a bit of a buyer's remorse here from first announcing it. This is just far too popular of a ride to alter. You can't make it better than it already is. There is no way to go but down from here.
WDW is NOT going to spend big bucks to re-do a ride just for social movement. They need capacity not a re-theme in the MK.
I think the mention of re-theme was to say they planned to do something about a ride based on a radially poor story.

Most people don't even know of the existence Song of the South.
Splash is an iconic, amazing ride that is full of heart and story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom