Space Mountain Finally Normal Again This Summer

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Too bad I couldn't have visited this year instead of last. As amazing as Hyperspace was, I wanted to experience vanilla Space Mountain since I hadn't been since 2009 before last year.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh btw @Dr. Hans Reinhardt i tried uploading a video of myself last week mimicking the SM echo but was unsuccessful. Does it have to be a YouTube link or something? We cant just upload iPhone videos like we do pictures?

I don't think you can upload anything here besides photos with certain file extensions. Can you post it to an online file storage service and share a link?

mickEblu

CM.X777 at MiceChat says Space Mountain will close for two months starting in August for "safety upgrades."

https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/...in-going-down-for-2-months-starting-in-august

I wonder what sort of safety upgrades are in order. Maybe they'll finally find a way to safely change out all the light bulbs?

I can tell you one thing that will most likely happen. I always sit in the front row so I notice this... the CM booth to the right of the load area is literally blocking riders exiting the front row of the ride vehicle. You have to walk around it as you exit. I always thought that was very odd.

Last edited:

180º

Original Poster
I can tell you one thing that will most likely happen. I always sit in the front row so I notice this... the CM booth to the right of the load area is literally blocking riders exiting the front row of the Coaster. You have to walk around it as you exit. I always thought that was very odd.
Aw, I can't remember the last time I sat in the front row. Do you just ask for row 1 every time?

180º

Original Poster
BUMP. Space Mountain returned this morning and LMG vids has been there already. Surprise surprise, the blue tunnel is still half burnt out and using the boring light pattern, the second lift projections are horribly out of alignment, and of course the asteroid is still dark. But I had a small victory: The first lift crackle is back after thirteen years MIA and only one year of operation before that!

I discussed the First Lift Crackle (among other things) in this post from 2017.

I would like to hear the return of some sound effects that have been lost since 2006, and some more that have been lost since then.
Compare the first lift and strobe tunnel in this video (ride starts at 5:05):

To how the ride appeared last time we saw it:

The crackle at the top of Lift 1 was lost in 2006 after Rockin' Space Mountain, never to be heard again. The strobe tunnel had layers of sound effects that were gradually lost over the years, and as you can hear in the 2015 video, the off-board sound effects are completely gone (the remaining ascending tones are in the on-board track). And is it too much to ask for them to finally replace all the bulbs in the blue tunnel? I don't much care for the lame, slow wipe effect they settled for to draw attention away from the burnt out bulbs. The original programming was a very fast, row-alternating, staggered pattern that was very effective when the tunnel was firing on all cylinders. I'd also like to point out that the original programming only lit up the tunnel as far as the riders could see it, so that when the RV turned the corner, the portion of the tunnel behind it, which the next rocket can see when approaching Lift 1, is dark. In the 2015 video, you can clearly see the blue lights before you reach the scene. Kinda ruins the surprise and contrast.

For gosh sakes, all I want is for them to fix a couple of speakers and light bulbs.

The blue tunnel sounds are back too; they returned last year.

Here’s the video from today:

mickEblu

BUMP. Space Mountain returned this morning and LMG vids has been there already. Surprise surprise, the blue tunnel is still half burnt out and using the boring light pattern, the second lift projections are horribly out of alignment, and of course the asteroid is still dark. But I had a small victory: The first lift crackle is back after thirteen years MIA and only one year of operation before that!

I discussed the First Lift Crackle (among other things) in this post from 2017.

The blue tunnel sounds are back too; they returned last year.

Here’s the video from today:

Maybe I’m not as hard on Space Mountain because I wasn’t visiting the parks in the mid 2000s but the effects in today’s video look great!

By crackling sound do you mean the power surge sound as the blue tunnel lights are turning on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom