Space Mountain and other chicken exit doors

Phroobar

Original Poster
Ever push open the doors in the Space Mountain queue? There is one to the right of the loading area (airlock 2) that seems to go into an office. How does airlock 3 get to the exit? Does airlock 4 open?

DSC_0115.JPG

SuddenStorm

Ever push open the doors in the Space Mountain queue? There is one to the right of the loading area (airlock 2) that seems to go into an office. How does airlock 3 get to the exit? Does airlock 4 open?

DSC_0115.JPG

I've always thought... In the case of an emergency, we'd probably all die because of how nondescript the exit door is. I imagine a bunch of tourists would never recognize which door is the right one.

SuddenStorm

It's interesting wondering around Space Mountain's exits because it's still totally themed. However, the exit in the Haunted Mansion's portrait hallway feels very backstage. I'm always worried I would set off some silent alarm opening that door and be greeted by security when I emerge outside.

Wait.... Are we allowed to go through that exit in the Mansion? I've seen it used by a Cast Member before, but had no idea guests could just go through there.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Wait.... Are we allowed to go through that exit in the Mansion? I've seen it used by a Cast Member before, but had no idea guests could just go through there.
You can go in there. You see the backside of the windows and some trees. Then around the corner there is fork in the road. You can continue forward and be backstage or turn left and reenter the park through the crypt in the outside queue. There is a sign saying which way to go. It's all painted black and you can clearly hear the graveyard behind the wall.

I read that it was intended to be the exit when the ride was going to be a walk thru. There is also a right side exit behind and around a corner of our normal crypt ride exit as well.

Left side emergency (chicken) exit.
UWHYLl4pwEmDyHTtSUFnCcOGj0y4Kz4UO9m6CTBBMg1OXkyTtF1d2L5U1cXRZzRU8_ipRcALsEGfmJpGjXritaSax9D5digTbAGnggQttdYushUrl5DuYI0h=s0-d

xLxzqcDlqKMpki9dji-1gQyGWRgstp-fnegScyOpYlTXdakwC1Q_BxJVfiXzyveyvHlnoAzTnpXqXbJpKwzyRMyWYWNW_2KDYwFHL_jzd0FB8ri0trqn8TugRPHPKQhThg=s0-d

Right side emergency exit.
l5aczr3P3PUe0facYV0cZP9D9YgSKob4LnuOYnWMIcbXbnRsRHhL4Oa0l1kIuHx_RyMoTdVAPijqe1-N3Dg8ttx70aby49O_rIgphpc7_UZHuNVqX6c=s0-d

LJdzCIvTytk_EKV3gvlvi3b0lHVLVYDCjNA_BIHw_SZyN8T4-phgTrto1wXNfWiKBd9nemEHpnbn-Id-LETKXZu1wWn-4WD8q6IrfMhZz6qYnXQ-9zw=s0-d

BasiltheBatLord

You can go in there. You see the backside of the windows and some trees. Then around the corner there is fork in the road. You can continue forward and be backstage or turn left and reenter the park through the crypt in the outside queue. There is a sign saying which way to go. It's all painted black and you can clearly hear the graveyard behind the wall.

I read that it was intended to be the exit when the ride was going to be a walk thru. There is also a right side exit behind and around a corner of our normal crypt ride exit as well.

UWHYLl4pwEmDyHTtSUFnCcOGj0y4Kz4UO9m6CTBBMg1OXkyTtF1d2L5U1cXRZzRU8_ipRcALsEGfmJpGjXritaSax9D5digTbAGnggQttdYushUrl5DuYI0h=s0-d

xLxzqcDlqKMpki9dji-1gQyGWRgstp-fnegScyOpYlTXdakwC1Q_BxJVfiXzyveyvHlnoAzTnpXqXbJpKwzyRMyWYWNW_2KDYwFHL_jzd0FB8ri0trqn8TugRPHPKQhThg=s0-d

l5aczr3P3PUe0facYV0cZP9D9YgSKob4LnuOYnWMIcbXbnRsRHhL4Oa0l1kIuHx_RyMoTdVAPijqe1-N3Dg8ttx70aby49O_rIgphpc7_UZHuNVqX6c=s0-d

LJdzCIvTytk_EKV3gvlvi3b0lHVLVYDCjNA_BIHw_SZyN8T4-phgTrto1wXNfWiKBd9nemEHpnbn-Id-LETKXZu1wWn-4WD8q6IrfMhZz6qYnXQ-9zw=s0-d
That's awesome. I might do this next time I'm in the park.

TROR

It's like a whole other attraction in itself.

So what does the other side of the exit airlock on Space look like?

Phroobar

Original Poster
It's like a whole other attraction in itself.

So what does the other side of the exit airlock on Space look like?
Airlock 3 exit was just a hallway that connects to the one in the space port. If I remember correctly the Airlock 2 was like a janitor closet with a desk, some chairs and other supplies. I only opened it once years ago.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Please don't. It's very poorly lit in some parts and very easy to unintentionally injure yourself. It is really only meant as an emergency exit.
no its not. people use the exit just fine all the time. I have seen people do it in person and many videos online and none of them relate to a emergency situation and the cast members gladly guide them to the exit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom