Spa service at WDW

campdisney

My sister & I went to the GF spa to treat each other to facials our last trip. I was underwhelmed. The internal waiting area was small and dim. The furniture was non-descript. Women that had just gotten manicures & pedicures were put back into the waiting area with portable drying machines. The treatment room was nice, but just like you'd see anywhere else. I guess I expected more from Disney's flagship hotel.

The spa in our own area has nicer decor and better prices. Yes, its Disney, so I expect higher prices -- but for $30 more than what I'd pay at home for the exact same service, I expected more atmosphere. And it's not like I'm a big spa monger or anything. This is a once a year treat my sister and I have gotten in the habit of giving each other -- and if it coincides with a joint WDW vacation year for us, so much the better.

We decided we most likely won't go to the GF spa again unless it has a remodel -- but we'd still like to go to a spa if possible while we're down there. Has anyone been to the spa at Saratoga Springs? If so, what did you think of it? Also, has anyone tried the spa at the Swan (or is it Dolphin)?

typhoonguy

My sister & I went to the GF spa to treat each other to facials our last trip. I was underwhelmed. The internal waiting area was small and dim. The furniture was non-descript. Women that had just gotten manicures & pedicures were put back into the waiting area with portable drying machines. The treatment room was nice, but just like you'd see anywhere else. I guess I expected more from Disney's flagship hotel.

The spa in our own area has nicer decor and better prices. Yes, its Disney, so I expect higher prices -- but for $30 more than what I'd pay at home for the exact same service, I expected more atmosphere. And it's not like I'm a big spa monger or anything. This is a once a year treat my sister and I have gotten in the habit of giving each other -- and if it coincides with a joint WDW vacation year for us, so much the better.

We decided we most likely won't go to the GF spa again unless it has a remodel -- but we'd still like to go to a spa if possible while we're down there. Has anyone been to the spa at Saratoga Springs? If so, what did you think of it? Also, has anyone tried the spa at the Swan (or is it Dolphin)?
Are you ready for this? I've never said ANYTHING negative about Disney. But the spas are not the greatest. In fact, far from the greatest. I'd give them an 'ok' rating. I'm not sure why there has never been more effort put into them. Sorry you had a mediocre experience, but know you're not alone.

Upvote 0

WishinUponAStar

I don't know if it's a consideration or not but I greatly recommend the spa at Animal Kingdom Lodge, I've received massage services there twice and have never been dissapointed. The rooms are BEATIFULLY appointed, new, relaxing, and just beautiful. I had a massage at "Muscles & Bustles" (BW) this past Thursday and was DEFINATELY underwhelmed like you were with GF. AKL has been my favorite so far.

Upvote 0

campdisney

Original Poster
Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way!

I didn't know AKL had a spa (and we've even stayed there before) or BW for that matter! When I searched "spa" at Disney online, it just kicked back Saratoga Springs, Grand Floridian & the one at the Swan or Dolphin (Madiera I think). I thought those three were it. Looks like I've got some more researching to do. Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

Caspian

Spa at Saratoga Springs

Had a massage there last December. Not amazing. The masseuse showed up late. Facility is pretty nice, but I was the only person in the place. 6.5 on a scale of 1-10.

Peace,

LD

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom