Souvenir Package Pick-up vs Resort Delivery

CJ @ Disney

Original Poster
What's your experience with Package Pick-up within the parks (Chamber of Commerce, Oscar's Super Service, Garden Gate)? Does there tend to be exhausting lines to pick up souvenirs at the end of the day, or is it a legitimate convenience? How would you compare it to complimentary resort room delivery?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Unless something has changed, they don't actually deliver to your room. It is sent to the gift shop at your resort.

We always had packages sent to the resort. This avoided up having to carry them on a bus or tram. The only exception would be on our last day at the parks when we used Package Pick-up.

In all our times of using both services, I have never run into an obnoxiously long line at either, but we have never gone to package pickup after a fireworks dump. I would imagine that the line at that time would be a fair bit longer.

CJ @ Disney

Original Poster
Unless something has changed, they don't actually deliver to your room. It is sent to the gift shop at your resort.

We always had packages sent to the resort. This avoided up having to carry them on a bus or tram. The only exception would be on our last day at the parks when we used Package Pick-up.

In all our times of using both services, I have never run into an obnoxiously long line at either, but we have never gone to package pickup after a fireworks dump. I would imagine that the line at that time would be a fair bit longer.
Thank you very much. This is exactly the info I was looking for. You are correct: I made an assumption it was delivered to our room, but the Disney lit simply says "hotel delivery" not "room delivery." So that's a good little piece of info. Thanks so much!

JIMINYCR

It used to be that packages would appear in your resort rooms and youd find them on your bed when you got to your room. But Disney had guests claiming that things were missing and that packages werent showing up, so Disney started having them sent from the park to the resort gift shops. Now the guest gets a call from the gift shop saying you have a package waiting to be picked up. You now have to show up with your package receipts and have to sign for packages.. that verifies packages were picked up. Some guests even open up their bags at the counter and check items to ensure nothings missing.

Having items youve bought in the parks delivered to the resort is very handy and makes for a hands free park day. I still have the more expensive or breakable things sent home because Disney will package the items better and will replace broken items. Then I also dont have to worry about traveling all the way home taking a chance that I will break them during traveling. I also love getting after Disney trip packages show up at home.... lets the vacation thrill continue receiving a package from Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom