Southwest Online Check In

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
As much as I loath Southwest, they are the only airline that offers direct flights from Providence, so sadly, we will be flying them once again in few weeks :brick:

My question is about online check in. When you check in the day before, do you have to print your boarding pass right then and there? I will be at work and can check in no problem but don't have access to a printer. Can I print it later? Or can I copy and paste it into a word doc then email it to myself?

Any info would be great! thanks!

ryank007

When I've checked in online, then lost my boarding pass once I got to the airport (or forgot it!), I was able to reprint one from the check-in kiosk that was the same boarding position as the original one. Once you've checked in, no matter where it's from, that boarding position is yours.

When you check in online the day before, just close the window that shows your pass. When you get home later, you can print it by visiting the website again.

lumpydj

When I've checked in online, then lost my boarding pass once I got to the airport (or forgot it!), I was able to reprint one from the check-in kiosk that was the same boarding position as the original one. Once you've checked in, no matter where it's from, that boarding position is yours.

When you check in online the day before, just close the window that shows your pass. When you get home later, you can print it by visiting the website again.

Another tip for the trip home (I know - you don't want to think of your vacation being over before it even starts...but) is to have someone at home check you in online at your 24 hour mark then you can just print the boarding passes at the airport. DH did this for me on my last trip (he didn't go on the trip). That way, you don't have to worry about doing this from the resort on your last full day and you'll still get a great boarding slot. Good luck! :wave:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Thanks, I might try that this time! It seems no matter when or where I check in, we always get a late B, early C boarding pass. One time my husband was even put on standby even though we had bought our tickets months prior. Just want to make this trip as smooth as possible...
:)

Rob562

Another tip for the trip home (I know - you don't want to think of your vacation being over before it even starts...but) is to have someone at home check you in online at your 24 hour mark then you can just print the boarding passes at the airport. DH did this for me on my last trip (he didn't go on the trip). That way, you don't have to worry about doing this from the resort on your last full day and you'll still get a great boarding slot. Good luck! :wave:

You can also check in from your web-enabled cell phone, and then print your boarding pass when you get to the airport. (I learned a year or two ago that if you have Verizon and don't pay for monthly web access but still have a web-capable phone, you can pay $1.99 and get a 24-hour period of web access)

Guest Relations in the parks can usually also check you in.

I don't know about Providence's layout (it's been a while since I've flown out of there), but I know that in Orlando they have dedicated kiosks away from the check-in counters for people who don't need to go through the line to check any luggage. They're located in the area where you'd walk from the counters back to the big atrium and security checkpoints.

-Rob

cdswanda

You can also call them at the 24 hour mark and check in! 1-800-IFLYSWA
Reprinting your boarding pass is supereasy at the kiosk just remember your confirmation #. Have fun!:ROFLOL:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! My goal is to get an 'A' boarding pass this time! Maybe my husband and I can actually sit together on this trip! :sohappy:

rwdavis2

You can also call them at the 24 hour mark and check in! 1-800-IFLYSWA

Are you sure about that? Have you ever done it? I have never heard of anyone ever being able to call to check in. If that was true why does everyone check in via Guest Services, cell phones and other methods?
Just curious,
Bob

DisneyPrincess5

Thanks, I might try that this time! It seems no matter when or where I check in, we always get a late B, early C boarding pass. One time my husband was even put on standby even though we had bought our tickets months prior. Just want to make this trip as smooth as possible...
:)
Ahh I totally understand and the same things usually happens...we usually get B no matter how fast or close to the appropriate time I am.
So aggravating!

lumpydj

I just heard that SWA is going to start charging $10 for a preferred boarding spot. These spots will be behind the Elite and Business Class boarding but in front of Families with Small Children, and in front of the "online check-in" guests. Kind of stinks... but I guess that's a way to guarantee an A boarding - although SWA doesn't guarantee an A boarding by paying the $10...kind of confusing :veryconfu :hammer:

I don't know if they will limit the number of people that can buy the Preferred Boarding spot or not. :shrug:

rwdavis2

I just heard that SWA is going to start charging $10 for a preferred boarding spot. These spots will be behind the Elite and Business Class boarding but in front of Families with Small Children, and in front of the "online check-in" guests. Kind of stinks... but I guess that's a way to guarantee an A boarding - although SWA doesn't guarantee an A boarding by paying the $10...kind of confusing :veryconfu :hammer:

I don't know if they will limit the number of people that can buy the Preferred Boarding spot or not. :shrug:

For the $10 per seat they check you in automatically 36 hours prior to the flight. You don't even have to login. No limits as far as I know.
BD

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Hmm I was not aware of this early bird check in! I just went to their website, here's the link in case anyone is interested...

http://www.southwest.com/flight/early-bird-faq.html

I guess technically only one of us would have to purchase it. We've had different boarding groups in the past- one of us B and one us C- my husband boarded first and just saved me a seat next to him. So it might be worth it for one of us to try it out.

thanks for the tip!

Rob562

I think the part about not guaranteeing an A boarding group is that if enough people do the Early Bird check-in to completely fill the A group (plus Business Select and A-List Rapid Rewards members are assigned the very first A numbers), they'd have no choice but to start putting people into the B group... but you're still ahead of anyone who does the 24-hour checkin.

EDIT: In reading the FAQ, there's also a heirerarchy within the Early Brids. Those who are flying on Anytime Fares (the higher but not Business Select fares) get first dibs. It also says that they will not limit the number of Early Birds on the flights. So you could conceivably buy it, and still end up as the last person on the plane because EVERYONE bought it...

-Rob
(who now has to decide whether or not to add Early Bird checkin to his upcoming flight to Orlando... Flying home on Jetblue, so that part doesn't matter)

Menpell

Each year I've used Southwest, I have gone down and guest services has printed out our boarding passes. You simply go down to the guest services desk 24 hours before you leave and ask them to please check you in on your southwest flight and print out passes. At our resort, they have done it with no problems each time we've asked. They go right online and do it for you. No stress!

Nemo14

I think the part about not guaranteeing an A boarding group is that if enough people do the Early Bird check-in to completely fill the A group (plus Business Select and A-List Rapid Rewards members are assigned the very first A numbers), they'd have no choice but to start putting people into the B group... but you're still ahead of anyone who does the 24-hour checkin.

EDIT: In reading the FAQ, there's also a heirerarchy within the Early Brids. Those who are flying on Anytime Fares (the higher but not Business Select fares) get first dibs. It also says that they will not limit the number of Early Birds on the flights. So you could conceivably buy it, and still end up as the last person on the plane because EVERYONE bought it...

-Rob
(who now has to decide whether or not to add Early Bird checkin to his upcoming flight to Orlando... Flying home on Jetblue, so that part doesn't matter)
I read this part last night too and we decided that it's probably not worth it for us. We have the cheapest rates for our February (President's Week) trip, so even if we bought the extra $10, we'd be the last of the Early Birds anyway.

cdswanda

Are you sure about that? Have you ever done it? I have never heard of anyone ever being able to call to check in. If that was true why does everyone check in via Guest Services, cell phones and other methods?
Just curious,
Bob

Yes I did it in mid April when I didn't have computer access. I was in B group because it was awhile after the 24 hour mark.

Duckberg

Southwest CHECK IN

Its EASY to do @ HOME :sohappy: computer check in for Southwest. Frankly don't understand this I got B he got C stuff & I can never get A. We only have a dial up connection on our PC, set up your account info, watch the clock, hit enter @ 24 hr. mark we almost are always in the A group. Duckberg :cool:

rwdavis2

Its EASY to do @ HOME :sohappy: computer check in for Southwest. Frankly don't understand this I got B he got C stuff & I can never get A. We only have a dial up connection on our PC, set up your account info, watch the clock, hit enter @ 24 hr. mark we almost are always in the A group. Duckberg :cool:

I go to time.gov and adjust my PC clock to match official US time. Since the I'm getting A16 up to A19.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom