Southwest Fall Flight Schedule???

Deanieb59

Hi-has anyone heard when Southwest Air will open its fall flight schedule for 2021? I think its usually mid-March but haven't heard anything.

wendysue

Even when I find a good fare and time, they change us to another flight and time. This has happened multiple times in the last year. They moved us from a non-stop flight to a one-stop flight getting into Orlando at 8:00 p.m. At that time, my email said I had 3 days to change this if it wasn't going to work out, so I went to their site and found an earlier non-stop flight that same day. It makes NO sense. Since the trip is a couple months away I'm betting it will happen again. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Even when I find a good fare and time, they change us to another flight and time. This has happened multiple times in the last year. They moved us from a non-stop flight to a one-stop flight getting into Orlando at 8:00 p.m. At that time, my email said I had 3 days to change this if it wasn't going to work out, so I went to their site and found an earlier non-stop flight that same day. It makes NO sense. Since the trip is a couple months away I'm betting it will happen again. :rolleyes:
There's a global pandemic on. It's been in all the papers.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Why would they owe anyone something like that?
EXACTLY! @biloutik12. Southwest is providing you plenty of advance notice on the schedule change. Southwest DID NOT cancel your flight or delay it (at the airport) without the option to change to another flight. Southwest doesn't have change fees and provides plenty of warning about changing your flight times. We got a notice the other day about our flight in July being moved up 35 minutes from Alaska Airlines. Okay, I have two-plus months to decide if I'm okay with that flight, knowing it's making everything 35 earlier. And Southwest is giving you notice to decide if the flight change works for your family. If it doesn't, cancel and rebook.
=

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately both of my flights got changed for late August.
They were both nonstop and now they are not.
The one coming home isn't terrible. It just leaves slightly earlier in the evening and goes Orlando to Baltimore to Buffalo.
But the one going to Disney was changed to Buffalo to Chicago to Orlando which is just dumb so I changed it to Buffalo to Baltimore to Orlando.
Oh well it happens.
Its just annoying that its now not nonstop because we choose nonstop for a reason.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

I am planning a trip for late January. Southwest flights went on sale this morning through January 5th. It looks like they went live between 7 & 7:30. When I checked at 7ish they weren’t up yet but when I checked again at 7:30, they were. I wasn’t booking anything, I just wanted to get a general idea of times and prices. I was surprised that many flight prices I clicked on said “only 1 left”. Is that accurate for a flight that literally just went on sale? Or do they just say that to get you to hurry up and book?

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Answering my own question a bit- one of the flights that said “one left” was originally $179. I just checked now at 8:15am and it is now $190. Jeez Louise this is stressful 🤣

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I just booked for November 18-22.
$288 RT per person for n on stops. ($241 after using up our left over credit from our August flights not being as expensive as last August which we cancelled)
Not happy with the flight home time of 7:30am but since my sister has to work the next day we made sure to book the earliest in case there's a delay. Would have loved a 10:30am option though lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I just booked for November 18-22.
$288 RT per person for n on stops. ($241 after using up our left over credit from our August flights not being as expensive as last August which we cancelled)
Not happy with the flight home time of 7:30am but since my sister has to work the next day we made sure to book the earliest in case there's a delay. Would have loved a 10:30am option though lol.
I was looking for times for our November trip and they were so different than what they have been. The weeks leading of to the new flight times, week over week they have about the same times (10am to MCO and 7pm flight back home). I go to pull up our days and I'm was shocked to see different direct flight times round trip. I may have to do southwest there and change carriers for flight home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom