Southwest Fall Flight Schedule???

Deanieb59

Hi-has anyone heard when Southwest Air will open its fall flight schedule for 2021? I think its usually mid-March but haven't heard anything.

DisneyDreamer08

7D077443-5BB1-4FCB-BE74-F1AF40B2BD7D.jpeg

Upvote 0

Schweino

Southwest historically, even before Covid, did 6 (give or take) months advance releases. Based on the picture above, it looks like they are doing more planned rollouts. I would still randomly check 6 months from before you're looking to book.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I would start checking the week before they say they’re going to post them. They do change their plans sometimes, and with SW booking early is usually the thing to do.

Upvote 0

Schweino

If you haven't been checking, Southwest has moved the release date up to this Thursday, April 1.

I'm hoping that the release of dates will spur the other airlines to lower their currently-sky-high fares for the dates I need. (I have flight credits from 2020 that need to be used!)

-Rob
I was on Orbitz the other day just for funsies and looking at Orlando flights for November - holy crap! I've never seen such airfare in my entire life. From Omaha I am used to paying higher fare than others because of our lack of a hub/always needing to connect, but $500 per person is absolutely nuts. We paid $390 TOTAL last November round trip on Southwest!

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

If you haven't been checking, Southwest has moved the release date up to this Thursday, April 1.

I'm hoping that the release of dates will spur the other airlines to lower their currently-sky-high fares for the dates I need. (I have flight credits from 2020 that need to be used!)

-Rob
Thanks! I had not been checking, but that’s coming right up!

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Glad I clicked on this thread because I had looked a few days ago on the SW website and saw April 22nd so wasn't expecting it to move up out of no where lol.
I just booked my late August trip.
I have credit from having to cancel my flights for last August.

Upvote 0

dmw

In the Parks
No
I don't have any additional info to offer re: SW schedule, but as for the fares, I expect low fares to continue. I got an ATL to Las Vegas round trip on Delta for $176 including fees, booked about 5 weeks in advance for a late April trip. This was a better deal than SW was offering, even after factoring in the luggage fee. And, it was about $60 less than we paid for the same route in 2020. I think airlines are going to continue to run promos as the bookings are slow to return to the pre-covid levels. Any money coming in is better than flying with empty seats.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I was able to book my flights for late August this morning and I still have $47 in credit for my next trip :)
I'm lucky to have gotten the price I did considering I was so out of it from side effects of my second vaccine dose that I completely forgot about flights being released until a few hours after.
I just checked and the price for the flights I chose had already gone up. I'm sure they'll keep bouncing up and down but still.

Upvote 0

BeautyBelle

I was surprised by the price for early September. We flew the same dates in 2019 and the tickets are all higher this year. Still cheaper than other airlines and direct flights. But I'd just been hoping for a bit less.

Upvote 0

Simba's Mom

Just wanted to share if you haven't seen it yet Southwest announced...
On June 10, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2022. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Fantastic news! We need Thanksgiving for Disney's HHI. Then, of course, I'll have another long wait for our January trip to WDW.

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

Getting closer; booked lodging for a Birthday trip in Feb. Going mid-week as to not need to take the entire week off work, so figure we'll fly to save time (esp if flights stay cheaper) so I'm stalking for that Feb drop date get in on the lowest!

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Just wanted to share if you haven't seen it yet Southwest announced...
On June 10, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2022. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
I noticed this this weekend, too. We always go in late Nov and for the past 7 years, flight schedules have opened just before Memorial Day each year. I've never seen them go as late as June. Pandemic issues, I guess.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom