Southwest extends their schedule. How early can I book?

KayFeb13

Original Poster
I read that southwest extends their schedule on May 6th. Does anyone know what time this usually happens? Is it right at midnight or 8:00am? I am hoping to get a decent price on Flights for November.

Nemo14

I've seen it change early in the morning, but sometimes it's not until mid-morning or later. Just don't wait for the e-mail or "Ding" to tell you - it usually changes before that.

Magical Dreamer

Southwest typically dosen't have the best pricing out of the gate.......I'd research the current calendars to come up with an accurate base to best pricing for your maket.

KayFeb13

Original Poster
Southwest typically dosen't have the best pricing out of the gate.......I'd research the current calendars to come up with an accurate base to best pricing for your maket.
Thanks! It looks like Delta may be reasonable right now. I guess I will check and see.

UPbeekeeper

Any thoughts or suggestions on the best timing to buy tickets for the end of September? (09/25) I've been following rates now for a few months and the best I can get at this point is $300 per person round trip. Southwest isn't any cheaper then the other airlines I've priced, but I would save approx $200 overall in luggage fees if I fly Southwest. ($25 x 4 people x 2 flights)

My head is telling me to wait until later this month, but my stomach is in a knot with taking the gamble that they may not go down any further than this. I've always heard 4 months before a trip is good timing, but now I'm hearing no earlier than 3 months. I'm so confused. o_O

My huge dilemma is that we live in a remote area and will have to drive about 4 - 5 hours to get to an airport.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the timing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom