News Southwest and Walt Disney World Resort unveil 50th anniversary aircraft

jpinkc

But it will only cost $5000 for a family of 4 to fly on Southwest to Orlando or Anaheim..... "fine print" upto 3 possible layovers of more than an hour all flights subject to availablility and no promise you will get there in the same 24 hour period from when you started"

CaptainAmerica

But it will only cost $5000 for a family of 4 to fly on Southwest to Orlando or Anaheim..... "fine print" upto 3 possible layovers of more than an hour all flights subject to availablility and no promise you will get there in the same 24 hour period from when you started"
Wait what? Does Southwest have a reputation as an expensive airline?

ToTBellHop

Disney CMs will now joke with guests about how they “may” have to evacuate in case their roller coaster car crashes. Bwahahahaha it’s so funny joking about planes or rides crashing!

jpinkc

In the Midwest they are higher. It used to be the other way around. They were for the longest time the only one with direct flights to Orlando from KCI. American is cheaper now (not direct either), not counting Spirit or Frontier, tried each once on other trips never again....

doctornick

Of course it depends on the airport, but I tend to think of them as a decent price but not rock bottom cheap option. Since they include free luggage, it helps to makes their prices more competitive especially if you are a big packer. Also, they continue to have the best customer service in the industry in my experience. They are "no frills" without seeming "cheap".

Other airlines feel like they nickle and dime you for everything nowadays (insert "like WDW does now" joke).

CaptainAmerica

Im surprised people have such negative thoughts of Southwest. I just booked a last minute trip for the 50th. Direct flights for 84 dollars each way. I only ever fly Southwest
I'll fly anything that isn't Allegiant, Spirit, or Frontier, and I'll pay a bit of a premium for direct. Southwest and JetBlue are usually a tiny bit more expensive for me to Orlando, but I don't have to fly through Charlotte or Atlanta.

ABQ

Will Disney Genie allow me to pay a premium to Southwest and get an assigned seat? I can't stand the boarding order process on Southwest.

ABQ

Pay for "A" seats.
Not often worth it for me. As I live in a flyover state, most of my flights on SWA are connections through other cities and either the plane is half full when I first get on, or I get hosed at a connection, often in PHX it seems, where by the time I make that connection, the A group has already boarded.

NyDisney9

88D2ABB5-06CC-4989-81BC-C05E227EB11B.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom