Southwest Airlines question:

lilclerk

Original Poster
To you SW frequenters - I booked my flight to LAX with SouthWest. It says I have 1 stop, it just doesn't say where.
Will I not know where I'm stopping til I get my boarding pass at the airport?

SallyfromDE

I've never used SW with a stop. I hope this might help. Go to the SW site, there is a section "tools". You can see a map of thier flights. You can pretty well tell where you'd stop by following the the flight path.

Nemo14

To you SW frequenters - I booked my flight to LAX with SouthWest. It says I have 1 stop, it just doesn't say where.
First of all, remember that you can print your boarding pass up 24 hours before your flight. When you printed out your confirmation, if it did not specify that you will be changing planes, then you will be on the same plane, just landing (proabably at either Vegas or Phoenix) to let people off and board others. If you've been following what has been going on with the airport controversy here, you'll know that TF Green's runways are not long enough for planes to take off for cross-country flights, so Vegas or Phoenix is as far as you'll go with out a stop.

flynnibus

Premium Member

just look at the schedules on the website.. it should tell you where you are stopping. Probably phoenix

Yellow Shoes

Sometimes those schedules just say "1 stop" rather than telling where it is.

I ran into that once on SWA and called them to ask.

It was a stop in Nashville, I think, but I didn't have to get off or change planes. We were on the ground for something like 20 minutes.

My guess is that if it doesn't specify, you won't be inconvenienced too much (and you won't have time to get off the plane to make a smoke or bathroom break)

Rob562

just look at the schedules on the website.. it should tell you where you are stopping. Probably phoenix

I've poked around on the Southwest site and can't find a definitive place where it says what city a stop is in, just when it's a connecting flight (in which case your overall trip will have two or more flight numbers listed for the travel from LAX to MCO).

I's suggest just calling Southwest and asking. 800-I-FLY-SWA

-Rob

mousermerf

Account Suspended
All my trips from TPA to SNA (very similiar itinerary) regardless of airline stopped about midway somewhere in Texas. Usually Houston.

ETA: Eww, just looked at Southwest's flights. They stop all over the place on that route. Kansas, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Nashville, asnd El Paso.

Good luck, may the force be with you :) If I were you i'd hope for Kansas or El Paso because they'd be about midway - it's a LONG flight.

lilclerk

Original Poster
Awesome, thanks everyone. I checked the route for the flight from pvd to lax that flew yesterday at a similar time as my flight, and they stopped in Phoenix. I'm guessing mine'll be the same.

Thanks for putting up with my silly questions!

Nemo14

Awesome, thanks everyone. I checked the route for the flight from pvd to lax that flew yesterday at a similar time as my flight, and they stopped in Phoenix. I'm guessing mine'll be the same.

Thanks for putting up with my silly questions!
Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom