South Park and the future of Disney.

EpcoTim

Original Poster
I dont watch much TV, but I broke my hand recently and happened to catch an episode of South Park.

In the episode, Kartman bought a theme park. I didnt catch much of it, but one of the rides he rode was called "the Yeti". Or something like that. It was a flume ride, and had a yeti on it. It looked like a mix of Splash and the new Expedition Everest ride. That would be the EE ride to all you abbreviators out there.

No point to this thread really, just thought it was funny. Of course it could have been the pills they had me on.

FigmentJedi

That episode was made before Expedition Everest was announced. It was spoofing the Matterhorn at Disneyland. In fact, they make references to Disneyland often. At the end of the episode where Cartman goes to juvenile hall, he brings Disneyland, which he had managed to put up his @$$, and bring it to his former cell mate.

EpcoTim

Original Poster
Tahu said:
That episode was made before Expedition Everest was announced. It was spoofing the Matterhorn at Disneyland. In fact, they make references to Disneyland often. At the end of the episode where Cartman goes to juvenile hall, he brings Disneyland, which he had managed to put up his @$$, and bring it to his former cell mate.

That post was completely inappropriate and out of line. If you can't spell something, use a dictionary, not little symbols.

And I have no idea what your talking about. I should have watched the whole episode.

Lexxweb

He is mistaken. Cartman was charged with a hate crime, so he was thrown in jail. His cell mate and him broke out of jail and were running for freedom and Cartmans cell mate said "When I get out of here I want to go to Disneyland!" Then his cellmate got attacked by dogs I think.

About cartman shoving something up his you know what was not disneyland (ouch) it was ciggerettes that he had to get from his friend to give to his cellmate.

EpcoTim

Original Poster
So, Im nuts is what your saying? Did cartman ever ride the Yeti? the ride yeti, not the real one?

ISTCrew20

EpcoTim said:
So, Im nuts is what your saying? Did cartman ever ride the Yeti? the ride yeti, not the real one?
Um...Yea, he did. I think they are talking about a different episode.

The one you're refering to though was made before EE was announced. There was also a few HM references in that episode too.

celticdog

South Park spoofs Disney all the time. In the amusement park episode they even make fun of Fastpass, by using a Dr.Suess and Grinch reference. The best spoof of Disney came with one of the Christmas episodes invloving MR. Hankie. The Lion King and Circle of Life were spoofed in a song called "The Circle of Poo". :lol:

Just for clarrification: Tahu was talking about a completely different episode from the amusment park episode.

EpcoTim

Original Poster
ISTCrew20 said:
Um...Yea, he did. I think they are talking about a different episode.

The one you're refering to though was made before EE was announced. There was also a few HM references in that episode too.

Exactly, they had the doom buggies down to a T.

And hence the future reference.

:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom